New Signature Tests

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just testing. You knew someone was going to make a signature thread. LOL! Didn't work I see. Hmmmm.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I know there have been a lot of questions in various threads about signatures so I wanted to address exactly how they work here.

Keep in mind when I refer to signature I'm not talking about the picture underneath one's name (which is your avatar), I'm referring to the text at the end of one's post.

HTML can't be used in sigs, but you can use VB code. For example if you want to include a direct link to your Web site. You can enter...

""[url]http://www.muppetcentral.com"[/url]"

You'll need to take out the quotation marks in order for it to show up as a direct link. Because we're trying to decrease scrolling time and broken links, pictures or image tags aren't allowed in sigs.

More help and options with VB code is below...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons

I know this change is different than what everyone is used to, but we are all going through a big adjustment period right now.

It's not totally necessary you add your site to your signature though since anyone can click on the "www" button at the bottom of every message you post as well.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm just testing my Luke sig thing.

So no image sigs - i can understand the reasons but wasn't that a big part of MC ? Couldnt they be allowed but have to be hosted externally and could be size or height/width limited ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

Yeah, I don't like that eather (no image sigs). I'm glad quit making them a lng time ago. LOL! It's good to see you over here!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Yeah, i'd like imagesigs, i just made a neet one ;-)

BorkBork

Reaction score
On my previous message i used the vb thingy for the pic. All it did was add the link to the pic...is that correct? :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
more tests

Just seeing how much of this shows up in green ..and how much in basic black -jamie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it bites, but there are no image sigs here, I lost mine too and I had like 80 of them. LOL! It'll take some getting used to, but we can still post pics and links so that others can see our artwork, so that's something.