1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Cheapest could work, no doubt about it. As long as it doesn't need too many holes patched up and too many references to update. Other than that, I don't think the time is right for something that experimental. Maybe next film. It relies on quite a bit of Monty Python-esque absurdist humor, and it would work if done right. But then if it doesn't it comes off jarring and strange instead of wacky and weird. Then you wonder if Jim and the rest abandoned it for a reason. Sometimes concepts sound better on paper, and lose something in translation. It could be a good fit for the Muppets, but then it could just turn into a joke that the novelty wears off very fast.
  2. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I personally miss that element of The Muppets. The weirdness, the wackiness, and the bad jokes, anything for a laugh style. Mentioning the Monty Python style humor, I think British Humor totally influenced The Muppets a great deal in the later Muppet Show episodes, esspecially when Chris Langum joined the team. And he worked for John Clease and Spike Milligan. You know what's strange is how explosions, bad campy jokes, weirdless and monsters were Muppet trademarks and singuature for many years but today is rarely seen.
    Ignatz likes this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i honestly dont care as long as its done right and has a good plot and a good use a characters
  4. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

And I think that's one the great things about The Muppets and even fans. We all love them for so many different reasons. Like me, for the humor. Others for the characters, Some for the positive heart-filled moments of harmony, etc. It's great. :)
  5. muppetlover123

i like them for their songs comedy and loveable characters :)
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I just know I am ready for a new movie!!! WOO!
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So excited Ricky Gervais has been cast in the lead role. Given the film takes place in the UK, this was a no brainer. Plus his work with Elmo was brilliant
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60035

I realllllllllllllllllllly hope somehow Luke and BlueFrackle get to be involved somehow:)
    Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  8. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Uh, who's Luke and BlueFrackle? :confused:
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Ooh ooh - i know this one! Now don't tell me...um um - OH YEAH! They were members of the Spice Girls, right? ;)
    Beauregard likes this.
  10. Ignatz

Ignatz Member

Do you mean Karl and BlueFrackle? Or perhaps Stephen Merchant?
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's almost Jan!!!
    DrDientes and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  12. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

13. muppetlover123

14. Rhys

Rhys Member

I hope its true :)
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

It is true. We've been talking about this for a while, the movie started filming yesterday.
  16. bknatchbull

17. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

There are worse possible titles to a Muppet movie than "The Muppets...Again"

Such as "The Muppets"
  18. Walter White

Walter White New Member

Ricky Gervais had this to say today.

"Breaking News from The Set of The Muppet Movie... No one is really sure what Gonzo is."
    Mister Muppet and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  19. bknatchbull

20. bknatchbull