New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

beaker

Reaction score
I think there's enough information now to warrant an official Muppet Europe/Muppet Caper 2.0/Muppets Take United Kingdom 2013 thread.

We know the film is an homage of sorts to the Great Muppet Caper, will largely be filmed
in England, involve Interpol investigations, Russian femme fetales, and a mystery.
And will be released on December 20th 2013.

Principle photography begins January and wraps in March. Mckenzie is back writing songs,
and Bobbin is returning to the director chair(with Stoller as one of the head writers)
New Muppet characters and a slew of new Hollywood A and B lister cameos.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait... It's been confirmed that this new, second Disney Muppet movie will be released on the date of my own 36th birthday next year?!? Sorry Hobbit 2, but you have now been officially supplanted by my first truest fandom for actually going to the movies to see it at the theater.

catherine

Reaction score
I read that it comes out on that date too. I hope it is true.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Hubert, someone needs to talk to Phil about this since I can't merge threads any longer.

beaker

Reaction score
How many threads about this movie are people going to make?
We just need one thread since we finally have solid information coming out, and given principle filming begins soon I expect we'll have a deluge of info arriving.

I suspect though, leaked pix will be fewer given it will be more closed off in their filming in the UK then in Los Angeles

Wait... It's been confirmed that this new, second Disney Muppet movie will be released on the date of my own 36th birthday next year?!? Sorry Hobbit 2, but you have now been officially supplanted by my first truest fandom for actually going to the movies to see it at the theater.
Hehe, very cool. Though...remember, Muppets 2011 was set to be releases around Christmas, so date definitely subject to change.

But, they sure were not kidding when they said it would be out next year.

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/m...se-date-filming-begins-in-january-725155.html

'The Muppets 2' Announces Release Date, Filming Begins in January

Disney is certainly on a role and 2013 is sure to be another big year for the entertainment giant. Following the commercial success and revival of The Muppets last year, Disney got the ball rolling on a sequel.
Recently, we reported that Christoph Waltz was close to being cast as an Interpol agent in what is being described as a comedy caper through Europe. While there hasn't been any word on that front, there's news that will certainly bring joy and wild arm flailing among Muppets fans.
According to Collider, the film has circled a release date and it's a lot sooner than originally expected. The Muppets 2 will arrive in theaters on December 20, 2013, with James Bobin returning to direct and co-write the film.
Bret McKenzie is also returning to write new songs and we may be getting another new Muppet. Producer Todd Lieberman says the sequel will shoot in London beginning in late January and wrapping some time in April. Additionally, he teased that there will be more casting announcements very soon.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Not gonna lie guys...while I liked and thought the title for the recent movie The Muppets was nice and appropriate for the relaunch of the franchise, I seriously hope they change the title for the new movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Not gonna lie guys...while I liked and thought the title for the recent movie The Muppets was nice and appropriate for the relaunch of the franchise, I seriously hope they change the title for the new movie.
I agree. I'm almost willing to bet they will be doing some sort of cheeky subtitle.
Like The Muppets: The Pig Who Loved Me, or The Muppets Take London or The Fanciful Muppet Mystery Movie of Intrigue And Other Words To Make It A Hilariously Long Title. But definitely not going to be The Muppets 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Worst case scenario with a Muppets 2 title is a brand recognition thing. It need not be. The Muppets, while I'm still not thrilled with the decision to call it that, was what the film needed to be called. Calling it with any title relating to the Muppets being Back (i.e. The Muppets Big Comeback, Return of the Muppets) would have lead to a level of Looney tunes Back In Action tempting of fate/asking for failure. That film reestablished the brand, and now they can play with house money.

But the thing is, what would be a good title?