New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Rocky the Rat

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I'm new here, so I guess I should post.
I am a life-long Muppet fan who has never seen an episode of "The Muppet Show" (Which will change when I buy one of those DVDs. Anyway, I remember watching The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets take Manhatan, and Follow that Bird when I was little on copies my dad had made from HBO on Beta tapes. My dad read me books about Oscar the Grouch, and the first book I read was The Muppets Take a Bath. I was also an avid fan of "Muppet Babies". When I visited Disneyworld, I made sure that my family say that huge, live-action Muppet show. When I returned this year, I saw "Muppetvision 3D". Many of my friends were really freaked out when I ran into Disney/MGM studios yelling "Muppets!!!" at the top of my lungs. Well, that is just what kind of fan I am.
I saw Muppets from Space the opening day, the only non-parent over the age of seven. I received a lot of weird looks, but it was worth it to see those guys on the big screen. A similar experience happened when I bought the new Muppet cd. When I put it on the counter to buy, the cashier started laughing. I guess it is kind of weird for a big guy like me to buy the cd, but, hey, those songs are the best!
I am now in college with a "Muppet Show" poster on my closet, Kermit and Rizzo looking down on me, and my room mate yelling at me to turn down the Muppet radio. What do I say? The Muppets are great! The girls seem to like them, too. :wink:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
- ORIGINALLY POSTED BY C'IRDAN'
Me too! so what are your favorite muppet things? movies...shows...etc?
Well, my movie Order is
Great Muppet Caper
Muppets Take Manhattan
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Movie
Muppets From Space
Muppet Treasure Island

I have this REALLY cool list on my computer, it shows the cast/characters of the shows/movies, and when you click on a performer/character it tells you about them.

C'irdan

Reaction score
wow really?

That would be SO AWESOME to have!!!! Where can I get it?

BTW...do you like the Muppet figures? I personally like most of them but can't afford all of 'em. I try to get the ones I REALLY like and skip a few for each wave.:smile:

So...

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'm still working on it and yes I like the Figures

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Oh, um hi! I am a newbie, though an oldie as well. I used to be, duh, Muppetfreak, back in the delphia day of the actual chat room and I forgot my password for a really long time. But now I have returned. I have been posting complusive the last few days. I need to be stopped.

I will not bore you with the understatement it would be to say I am a Muppet fan. I live and breath Muppets. My friends in college used to take my Muppet tapes away from me because they said it had the same affect on me as crack. Sweet sweet Muppet crack...

Oh, and my name is Hill. Howdee!

scarygeorge

Reaction score
Hey I'm Georgina from the UK. I'm studying journalsim & I love SStreet, Fraggles & the Muppets. So HEY!!

Thijs

Reaction score
Hi, i`m Thijs from The Netherlands. I am Student in the Dutch Culture and Language and I work as `cabaretier`, thats a comedian/musician in theaters. I am 21 and since i am 1 i watch the Dutch version of Sesame Street, and later The Fraggles. I was about twelve when i saw The Muppet Christmas Carol and since then i love the Muppets. Few years later I saw the 3 muppet movies and the muppet Show for the first time, and later the Muppets Tonight.
My favorite show is the muppet Show. I find it hard to name a favorite muppet. The thing I like about the muppets is the fact there are so many! So for that reason my favorite is...Doglion.

stgebaby

Reaction score
i'm new too

let's see, ummm... i'm 20, 21 in five months or so. i've been watching muppets since before i was born, cause my older sister has been watching that long. i'm in college in florida probably a theatre tech major but not for sure. my mom set me on to this board and i'm so happy she did. if ya got questions ask 'em!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I should've posted here long ago but I'm a slacker!

First of all I wanted to say "Welcome!" to all the new kids. I don't really consider myself a new kid but not really part of the 'old' crowd yet. I mainly just read what everybody else is discussing and throw my 2 1/2 pennies in every so often.

So let me introduce myself. I'm 26 years old, born the year the Muppet Show debuted. I'm a Muppet fan from way back. All through elementary and jr. high I wanted to work for the Jim Henson Company as a Muppeteer. In sixth grade we had a career day where we dressed like the job we wanted to have. Everyone else were doctors, nurses, fireman, etc. I showed up in torn levis, a t-shirt and an Animal muppet that I borrowed from my old babysitter. Everyone wanted to know what was up and I explained that I was going to work with the hippies at the Henson Co.

My favorite movie is "The Great Muppet Caper". I love the songs from it and the story.

I collected a lot of Muppet memorabilia along the way all though no where near what others on this board have amassed.

My whole family is into the Muppets though not to the degree I am. My Grandma collected everthing Miss Piggy so it was fun to help her with her collection.

As you can tell from my board name I am a huge fan of the 60s tv series Bewitched. I spend most of my internet time chatting it up with other fans of the show. I remember when I was little that I really wanted to see Elizabeth Montgomery on TMS. That never happened. But it would've been the best show ever!

troppy

Reaction score
I too am new, so dig my post!

Hey Everybodeeeee!

And how are we recooperating from our Great Big Meal from yesterday? Personally, I'm never eating again...

As a giant gooey fan of All Things Henson, I'm so glad I found this little nook of the world... it's always nice to see you're not alone.

I'm a founding member of a small theatre company here in Chicago, and we try to incorporate as many different art forms (especially puppetry!) into our productions. I design, build, and perform my own puppets, all different kinds. I'm not currently working on any projects (alas!), so I'm going a little crazy these days... good thing the holidays are here to keep me busy.

Not sure which MMovie is my fave... Though I love them all, gotta say one of the first three. I prefer the original stories to the "muppet-versions" of existing stories that were put out under Disney. I also miss Fraggle Rock terribly... one of the selling points of my apartment was that it has this hole in the baseboard...! (BTW, the best housewarming gift I got for the same apartment was a framed print of the Mac "Think Different" ad of Papa Jim with Kermit looking over his shoulder!)

Glad to be here, and can't wait for the new Christmas movie tonight!