New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

RugbyCutie

Reaction score
-is kicking self for not joining forum earlier; there are SO many great folks here! ^^;-

Greetings, all! I'm Kath, a sixteen-year-old junior-to-be in high school. I recently made the decision to pursue an occupation in the children's media field, my present passion for which is largely rooted in my own childhood spent benefiting from programs such as Sesame Street. In a sense, I'm beginning to discover the show all over again as I research the initiatives put forth by Sesame Workshop. In entering the field, I hope to reflect the Workshop's initiatives in all I do.

As you've probably indicated from my username by now, I'm a Christmas Toy fanatic. I had known about the special for a while, but only truly fell in love with it last holiday when I discovered it on DVD. I've made Rugby my own personal hero. He's the perfect allegory of how we can all become wrapped up in ourselves before realizing the true meaning and magic of the holiday season - and life, for that matter. =)

Most of my other great Henson/Workshop loves fall into the preschool/early-elementary edutainment category, seeing as that's where I'd like to focus my studies. I've always been an Oscar and Slimey fangirl, and more recently I've found a kindred spirit in Abby Cadabby. Though I'd never seen the original, I'm also a total obsessor over the new Electric Company. As a modern miniatures enthusiast, I'm even planning to erect a mini-Electric Diner in a roombox I have. (Lisa and Shock for-the-win!) =D

All in all, I'm thrilled to have joined, and I hope to have some awesome conversations with you all. :wink:

~ Kath (RugbyCutie)

TrippyMonster

Reaction score
Hey, all! Thought I better introduce myself. I'm a puppet builder, writer and artist from Missouri. I've been a fan for years and I am trying to grow a decent collection of muppet dvd's and music. That's pretty much it. If you want to chat, just PM me here.

Kiki

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards, everyone! :excited: Enjoy yourselves! :smile:

fendi001

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am so excited to have found a web site like this. I am a huge Muppet's fan. I am very thankful for all the emails that tell me what's going on. There are some great resources and information here.

Talk you all later.
Fendi001:excited:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I am so excited to have found a web site like this. I am a huge Muppet's fan. I am very thankful for all the emails that tell me what's going on. There are some great resources and information here.

Talk you all later.
Fendi001:excited:
Hello and welcome! Glad you joined us! :smile:

srasloan

Reaction score
Hello all! New to this board. Mom of a 19 mth. old daughter who has discovered her mommy's love of "old school" Sesame Street and has a deep appreciation for "The Alligator King" and his seven sons!

Anyhow, I've been on a quest now to find the uncut versions of a couple of shows/specials that my husband and I watched as kids (Muppet Family Christmas and Emmet Otter's Jugband) and that's what led me here.

Have a great Friday!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC srasloan. You might want to contact fellow forum member KermiClown, as he has those specials in his massive Muppet video library. Mmm, need to contact him myself. Anyhew, enjoy yourself and have fun exploring the rest of the forums. :batty: