New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Faylo

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking around MC for a while now and now that I'm on summer vacation, I thought it would be a good time to join! :big_grin:

I'm probably one of the youngest people on this board (I'm 14).. I was basically raised on Muppets. I watched Sesame Street (retro and newer stuff) since I was 5 months old (I still do!) and I used to watch Fraggle Rock when I was little. When I was growing up, I still loved the Muppets but I didn't watch them as frequently. Two years ago, my Muppet obsession re-grew and it's bigger than ever. : ) I sit down every night and watch either Fraggle Rock, The Muppet Show, a movie or my Muppet-Sing-Along tape :stick_out_tongue:

When I'm older I'm hopefully going to take puppeteering courses in university. The world of Jim Henson has always kept me fascinated and I would someday love to work for Henson in some form (even if it's sweeping up dust on a set). : ) This summer I plan to construct a puppet too, if I can find a place in Newfoundland where I can get the proper building materials. Knowing my skills though it'll probably end up being a sock puppet with pipecleaners arms and googly eyes.

..I think that's enough. Bye! :zany:

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I don't think I ever posted in this thread. I'm a fairly new member who is starting a puppeteering business soon, within the next 6 months or so, and I'm hanging around just to see what others are up to and to evgentually pick people's creative brains for comments and critiques. So that's me. I'm 27, a recent college grad, a freelance cartoonist and a full-time corporate drone.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Welcome Aaron, officially!
*smile* Good luck with your puppeteering plans!

Kaiulani

Reaction score
Aloha All Muppet Fans!

I have been a Muppet fan since I first saw their show on TV. I have always identified with Miss Piggy. I hope you put out on DVD the rest of the TV shows. Jim Henson was a genius.
.......Kaiulani

RivaAlto

Reaction score
Hi-ho! I'm brand-new to MC - I have been a Muppet fan for at least 30 years (ever since I started watching Sesame in preK), and have since passed my love for all things Henson on to my kids. I just stumbled across MC in my quest for Muppet buddy icons and such. So glad I ran into y'all! Was wondering if there's a site for Muppet smileys for use on AIM?

Thanks!

Craftylady

Reaction score
New member post

Hi, I have been involved with puppets for about 8 years. My mother made and performed with puppets when I was a child and it finally caught me, and I am hooked.
I am the children's church director at our church. I love making puppets and props. I am interested in making puppets like I have seen on the muppet forum. I have only used puppet patterns that are the basic rod-arm puppets.
I have a wonderful, supportive husband who doesn't complain too much when the house is messed up when I am in the middle of a project. My beautiful, nine year old daughter tolerates my hobby, just as I did my mother's.
I am looking for a different-looking pair of eyes for a puppet I'm making that will have some of the characteristics of Mater from the movie Cars.