Ethan Lopez

Reaction score
All right, so I'm the newest, probably youngest, member of this forum, 14 years old. I, too, am a fan of the classics of Sesame Street. But, I never viewed the classics. So I'm also disappointed that I can't see what the CTW Sesame Street was like back in the day. Any kind of resource you could provide me with, preferrably video, is greatly appreciated. A couple of questions though. Was is this I've heard about a Sesame Street/CTW channel? Is it that PBS Sprout channel, that's debuting tomorrow? Do we have any chance of the classics, or Unpaved, airing on the channel? I live in Massachusetts and subscribe to Comcast Digital Cable. But I've heard that WGBH is not participating in the Sprout campaign. So will I be recieving Sprout or not?

superfan

Reaction score
Although I can't answer your questions, I CAN welcome you to the forum and trust me, you will find everything you need to know AND a whooooole lot more!
Enjoy!
:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya and welcome to the boards.

Audio, you can check for record albums at yardsales and antique/collectible stores.

Video, look around and see if you can't find OLD videos at your local Blockbuster (or such stores).

There are some folks here who have original SS episodes on tape and can trade with you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
videos

Any Sesame Street video made in the 1980s is worth watching for classic sesame street material (characters, sketches, etc.). Most of these videos have material from the early 1970s (even though they were produced in the late 1980s). Unfortunately, the copyright date on the DVD releases only list the year that they were released on DVD. If you can find video copies, you are likely to see the year of the video release.

The best videos for classic materials include:
learning About Letters*
Learning About Numbers*
getting ready To read
Sing-Along*
Learning To Add And Subtract•
The Alphabet Game
Play-Along Games And Songs*
Big Birds Storytime*
(*=currently availible on DVD. •=coming soon to DVD)

Ethan Lopez

Reaction score
I Have Nothing

You know, I regret giving away alot of things from my early childhood (videos, tapes, books). Among the Sesame Street-related items I gave away were the Sing Yourself Silly video, Big Bird's Storytime video, numerous books, audio tape of Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and countless other materials. I regret it all.

However, when my dad and I were at a local flea market last year, we bought a couple of vinyl, and among them were the 1977 Sesame Street Signs. So I still have that to hang onto.

About trading episodes from '69 to the 90's, what do I have to trade? I'm just a kid. I got nothing. However, if I could just be handed the originals, I'd love that, although that's highly doubtable to happen. Does anyone have any info on The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One TV, maybe classic ZOOM?

Now can you please answer my questions about this rumored Sesame Street/CTW Channel?

Rosewood

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Ethan!
I, too, have been wondering about these types of channels that are "supposedly" comming out in the near future, and have done some investigating of my own. So far this is what I have found:1.a channel can be made available in your state or city, but if you get your programs through a cable company, it is up to them to choose weather they will offer it or not. Call your cable company to find out more about this. 2. If the S.S. channell you are refering to is an "on demand" channel of any kind, the programs you will be receiving will have a block on them which will prevent them from being able to be recorded (bummer!). If you are like me and are desperately searching for ways to obtain copys of old episodes, your best bet is to find someone who is willing to trade, or find a person you know who is getting cable that offers the channel you are looking for. (For example, my state, Utah, does receive several channels that show S.S., but mostly only current episodes. My digital cable channel (USDTV) only shows chanells with current episode re-runs. My grandmother, on the other hand, gets Noggin through her sattlelight company and has agreed to let me tape from her house if I want to.) I hope this helps you find what you are looking for!

BEAR

Reaction score
Welcome Ethan to the boards. As a longtime fan and active supporter of all things Sesame Street, I look forward to sharing discussions with you. As for me, its a good thing I ended up saving most of my Sesame Street toys and products from my childhood. SS was always a very important part of my growing up and in many ways still is an important part of who I am.

Ethan Lopez

Reaction score
Sesame Street Channel

This is what I'm trying to get at. Remember way back in 2004, or earlier this year? There was talk about a Sesame Street Channel? I think there were rumors that it was going to be nothing but 24/7 CTW. It was going to have all the classic Sesame Street episodes, The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, and Square One TV.

I still don't remember all the details because it was lost. Heck, I may just be talking in circles and nothing ever happened about a Sesame Street Channel. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about here? Did this Sesame Channel turn out to be the PBS Sprout channel? If so, do we have any hopes of S.S. classics and/or the other 3 CTW shows airing on this or other channels?

If I had a choice, it would only make sense to release a Sesame Street Anthology DVD set, from 1969 to the present, that way you have the best of both worlds.