New Electric Company TV Show and DVD

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah that's right, I can think of a lot of other skits I saw multiple times on TEC, just like on SS, so I was no doubt seeing some Cosby on TEC throughout the 70's.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
High Higher Highest/Tom Car. 'S song.

Avalos, Boyd and, Freeman as the high singing trio. can't remember exactly the order though Freeman sang the highest voice. when a saw this as a young kid it just seemed so wierd and there was a segment were either them or somebody else was singing Low Lower Lowest. also recall boyd was tom and he had this car and it said Tom Car and Freeman a machanic bring out an 's and puts in on the car and he drives off. last remember Lee chamberlian's apostrophe s song? 's 's shows the things that we posess.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I loved the apostrophe s, apostrophe s, goes to show what you possess song. Skip Hannant did it with Lee right?
Also can't think of who a certain regular male actor was that was young (probably 30's) and had black hair ( he kind of makes me think of Gilligan [Bob Denver] ). It wasn't Hannant, Freeman, Avalos, or Boyd.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
right hinnant had a hat and I can't think of her name Oh now it came to mind Judy Grabart. think I spelled her last name right and generally went by the name Winnie but was Marry in the 1 and had a pie and dropped it. those were the only 2 people in that 1.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
More on Grabart.

there were a couple, of commercials I saw in the 80s witch featured her. 1 was for Coast Soap, can'r rememebr how it went. Another was for Miracle Whip and if you remember those were 1 found they're out of MW and won't eat the sandwich without it. anyway some more EC memories, rememeber the if song Judy sings? If you are so terrific, If I might be specific. etc. thinks things like if kids were something ft. tall and we see Stephen and June and all of a sudden she become bigger than him. Can't remember what else she thinks and there was a cartoon version of it as well.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I don't think I recall that if one. I remember there was a song a woman sang, "I'm in love with a giant." And also they made Rita Moreno look tiny in a song, "Tiny Little Tina."
Remember any of the "Very Short Book" stories? I mentioned the Humpty One a few posts ago. I also remember how the Queen of Hearts one went:
The queen of hearts, she made some tarts
All in a summer's day
The knave of hearts
He stole those tarts
But he didn't get away

There was also "Jack in the Beanstalk". Jack climbs the beanstalk and encounters a giant. But I forget the conclusion.
Also had "The Three Bears" but forgot what happens.
I remember "Old King Cole":

Old King Cole was a merry ol soul
And a merry ol soul was he
He called for his pipe
He called for his bowl
And he called for his fiddler's three

Then a girl by herself plays the fiddle. The King angrily says, "Your not my fiddler's three!". She replies, "I know. I'm a fiddler 9 and a half, going on 10." The King was Morgan Freeman.

There was "Little Red Riding Hood" with a wolf in the bed dressed as granny. I remember the girl says, "What big eyes you have" and "what big teeth you have" (and the camera zooms in on the teeth) but forgot what the humorous conclusion was.

There was Pinocchio. Again I forgot how it ends. I remember he tells a lie and the lie was, "I had an elephant sandwich for lunch." And I'm sure his nose grew next. But then the final page I forget.

Oh and I recall everything from the "Jack and Jill" one:

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down
And broke his crown
And Jill laughed herself silly

Jill then laughs hysterically as Jack is rolling around the ground with a pail stuck over his head. A little on the mean side there. I think Rita Moreno was Jill.

That's about all the short book ones I can think of for now.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Rememebr a couple of songs easy reader and Sylvia the Librarian sang? words and soft c hard c. remember this Hinnant sketch? he playys a kid and wants a piece of cake and his mom says 1 piece. of course he wants more that but he does take one piece but it's a pretty big piece.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Don't recall that Hinnant one but that was funny when the adults would play children characters. And not sure if I recall that specific easy reader one but one I saw a lot was when she says, "Easy reader!" excitedly and he says, "Sylvia!" and then she goes, "haha!". Then they sing something like, "One word comes after the other."
Remember the cartoon where the wife says, "George, you drive me up a wall!"
He is sitting in the living room chair and says, "Hmmm?" She says, " I said you drive me up a wall!" He said, "Drive you up a wall?" She says, "Yes!" So he grabs her in the chair with him and starts driving the chair up the walls around the place. When I was little I had never heard the expression so I asked my dad about this skit and he explained it to me.
Then do you remember the cartoon man crawling on a desert weakly saying, "Water... water.....water..." Then it rains and rains and rains. And we see him treading water now saying, "Land....land.....land!"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Pete's Pop's Pal's Pet's Pickle.

Sylvia finds a pickle and thinks it's pete but then she finds it's Pete's Pop's pickle etc. the song's melody is somewhat simmaler to the i song Grover sang, the 1 were he sings i' tall and streight and fine though this EC song is a bit faster.

Ziffel

Reaction score
How about the song by Rita Moreno "Don't bring those things". She was a teacher standing up front and there was about 3 kids in the classroom! And I think they could have been adults (or teens) playing kids [Say, did TEC ever have any actual elementary school age children on the show?]. She was singing, "There are certain things you shouldn't bring to school" and at one point she brings in an elephant right in the classroom and one of the "kids" laughs hard.