New CD Featuring Muppet/Sesame Street Tunes

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Other contributions to the album include Sarah McLachlan's version of the Kermit classic "Rainbow Connection,"
Ooh. One of my favorite singers right there. I'd love to hear her version of it. Another of my favorite versions of this song is (don't laugh) Vonda Shepherd's from the "Angels and Blimps" episode of Ally McBeal. It's so beautiful, especially in the instances you hear it in the episode.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I'm betting it'll be another surprise hit like the new They Might Be Giants children's CD, which is selling more for adults then kids.
it's really REALLY good too! i own it! and they recently did a short "Courage the Cowardly Dog" video for Cartoon Network (CN got a FEW bands to do stuff, including one of my other faves, The Reverend Horton Heat, doing a "Johnny Bravo" song that was pretty sweet...it was all for their big "Cartoon Cartoon" kickoff for the fall...)

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
it's really REALLY good too! i own it! and they recently did a short "Courage the Cowardly Dog" video for Cartoon Network (CN got a FEW bands to do stuff, including one of my other faves, The Reverend Horton Heat, doing a "Johnny Bravo" song that was pretty sweet...it was all for their big "Cartoon Cartoon" kickoff for the fall...)
I saw the Rev on Cartoon Network. Great Stuff. And yeah, after seeing the Giants preforming on Conan the other night I'm wanting to go out and pick up their CD.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I saw the Rev on Cartoon Network. Great Stuff. And yeah, after seeing the Giants preforming on Conan the other night I'm wanting to go out and pick up their CD.
they did that song (Robot Parade) when they were here in town not long ago...even the bit about "losing the audience" it was pretty funny. i have to admit, they are my favorite and to listen to on CD, but you havn't heard ANYTHING until you see them in concert! when they were here last, i was 4 feet from the stage! it was so cool! and then back in '96, they played at Purdue, and when i was talking to someone afterwards, i moved backwards, and ran over JOHN FLANSBURGH. almost knocked him over...and to top it all off, i got completely starstruck (which doesn't happen often since i met Sirtis) and made a dummy of myself...oh well...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update John Franklin. A lot of good info on the Web site.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Sarah McLachlan is doing the "Rainbow Connection?"

The next step is taking up painting, then her career is over.