Name that movie!

Doogied

Reaction score
Can you help me? I am looking for a name of a movie I saw when I was young on TV. I don't rememeber much of it, but it opened with this kid waking up in his room and it's full of little people. They take him on a journey that starts by pushing one of his walls while they run....? (Was a long long time ago....lol) The only other thing I really remember is that you can't touch the bad guys or you turn into sand and at the end of the movie he wakes up to find his house was on fire and when they open the toaster over (where the fire starts) his parents find the remains of the villain from his adventure, touch and turn into sand and he left alone on his stoop....no parents....nuthin'..... SO! Anyone know what movie that was? Don't let the vague details get in your way....lol. Thanks!

Beebers

Reaction score
That's not Indian in the Cupboard, is it? I don't think that's right at all but it's all I can think of, sorry. That was a really good movie. Any more clues? Theatrical or made-for-TV?

:cool:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

You're thinking of "Time Bandits," a wonderful movie directed by Terry Gilliam (formerly of Monty Python). I think they just released a 2-disc dvd set a month or so ago.

:smile:

Doogied

Reaction score
THAT"S IT!

AndyWan Kenobi said:
Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

You're thinking of "Time Bandits," a wonderful movie directed by Terry Gilliam (formerly of Monty Python). I think they just released a 2-disc dvd set a month or so ago.

YOU ROCK! That's the one! I am going shopping for that DVD right away..... THANKS!

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Time Bandits? I love that movie!!! Everyone should own a copy...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
Time Bandits? I love that movie!!! Everyone should own a copy...
If elected, I promise that everyone will own a copy...

Whatever

Reaction score
Elected for what? Clown shoe dancer of the year? :big_grin:

jediX

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Them's fighting words. :wink:

How can you dance in clown shoes, anyway? Is that even possible... I mean, due to their huge size? Or are you saying he dances with shoes....

Oh, forget it. :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Of course--such a job does bear tremendous responsibility, as well as the power to bestow one dvd of choice upon everyone.