My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

Redsonga

Reaction score
I always been more in favor of giving the older pieces more exposure than they're getting, than feeling the need to have more when it's just not delivering. I'm not saying it never will, but I'm happy with what's come before.
I agree I wish the Muppets at Disneyworld would be shown again at least :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are some good scenes in the film and it still has the Muppety spirit and theme, but no real glue story wise and that's what it comes down to. The story is everything...The characters looked good and were in top form but given nothing to do. :sleep:
I agree, a lot of it comes down to the story. It was the beginning of that odd jaded humor they keep adopting. And to be honest, I didn't feel the characters were in top form; I didn't even feel like they were in the movie. But it's all our opinion of course. :insatiable:

Love the new smilies! :batty:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I agree, a lot of it comes down to the story. It was the beginning of that odd jaded humor they keep adopting. And to be honest, I didn't feel the characters were in top form; I didn't even feel like they were in the movie. But it's all our opinion of course. :insatiable:

Love the new smilies! :batty:
I don't understand the the jaded theme ether :stick_out_tongue: But then, I never liked Pepe really ether:.. (even when I was little I never liked the rat character, and they are alot alike:shifty: )

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think that even the worst Muppet films have their bright moments. I admit, I had to watch VMC and MFS multiple times before they finally grew on me, but they did. As far as VMC goes, it did have the Muppet Theater, something we hadn't seen in a long while, as well as appearances by characters that had seemed all but forgotten. As for MFS, I for one enjoyed seeing Clifford and some of the other Muppets Tonight characters in a movie.

I just like to stay positive.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think that even the worst Muppet films have their bright moments. I admit, I had to watch VMC and MFS multiple times before they finally grew on me, but they did. As far as VMC goes, it did have the Muppet Theater, something we hadn't seen in a long while, as well as appearances by characters that had seemed all but forgotten. As for MFS, I for one enjoyed seeing Clifford and some of the other Muppets Tonight characters in a movie.

I just like to stay positive.
I like staying happy to, but I get depressed very easy, most of all when there are big gaps between movies and DVDs :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah I think being positive is important, definitely. I found things in MWO to appreciate after all. I just don't want to sit back and accept if the product is not as good as Jim's work. Especially when the message is often so vulgar and mean (again, not in an adult way).

(Not saying anyone else here is doing that. Again, we all have our own opinions. :smile:).

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think someday we might have someone as great as Jim again to work with muppets, but it might take a few generations and another 60's to find him :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, I think it may take a long time and the right person to come along.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't think the message of any of the Muppet movies (that I've seen at least) is cruel or vulgar. It's true that there are inappropriate jokes, but the big message of the movies is good. However, none of the messages are as deep as the original three Muppet Movies

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't think the message of any of the Muppet movies (that I've seen at least) is cruel or vulgar. It's true that there are inappropriate jokes, but the big message of the movies is good. However, none of the messages are as deep as the original three Muppet Movies
It's not the message so much as it is the overall mood that bugs me in some of the new ones..I can't really put it into words :frown: