1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The human cast of "The Muppets' Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was announced last month and today Muppet Central has received a cast list of the Muppet characters and performers in the film.

Since the film is currently in the beginning production stages, it is possible that there may be some character changes and additions before the telefilm airs late next Spring on "The Wonderful World of Disney."

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/092804.shtml
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Very nice.

Phillip, Thanks for adding my Muppets coundown to the news site too. appreciate it.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Great news, and there are some interesting things there. Drew Massey doing Sal instead of Bill and Clifford instead of Kevin Clash. Eric doing Sam Eagle, and obviously Jerrys characters being shared out. I guess the original perfomers will dub the voices later though and it's a case of the main Muppeteer doing something else in the same scene or not being there. It's great to see a good mix of the older background characters returning as we had with VMX, even Foo Foo!
  4. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

This list has made me really excited for the movie! I am so glad that the Electric Mayhem, Rowlf, and Scooter are on the cast list. The fact that Angel Marie, Old Tom, and Real Old Tom are on the list is also exciting. Also glad about Foo foo being in the movie... maybe at one point Miss Piggy wants to be Dorothy so she comes on in costume with Foo foo...

Thanks for posting the list, I can't wait to see this movie now! :D
  5. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

It's nice to see that some of the pirates from MTI is returning for this one.
    I wonder if John Kennedy has been given Floyd after the recent recast, or if he is only doing the puppeteering and another one does the voice.
  6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Brian normally does Sal (not Bill), and if you look at the cast list, Brian also has Sal, I guess Drew will do it in scenes where Brian already has another character, and the lines will be doubed by brian.

Kevin Clash is not performing due to conflicts with his Sesame Street taping schedule. Kevin's characters will likely be looped in post-production with his voice of the character.

He did a great job in the very mery muppet christmas movie as Sam, let's hope he keeps it up.

John Kennedy has Floyd, Bill Barretta has Lew Zealand Steve Whitmire had Statler, and Alice Dinnean Vernon has Camilla. (Robin, Crazy Harry, along with a few other popular classic Muppet characters are still "hand-less", but I guess they will be filled in when needed). I hope the new performers do a good job of carring on the characters.

I think it's great to see these guys again. I wonder why Dead Tom is not on the list.
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i should have kept Dead Tom in the Palisades pack-in contest. I would have really like him in the figure line.

It's also great to see Allan Trautman back working with the Muppets, i think he's brilliant both acting and puppeteering.
  8. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

It's good to know that some of my favorite characters like Bean, Floyd, and Rowlf will be included in this movie.

And I'm glad Dave Goelz is still doing his characters. I don't think I'm ready yet for Gonzo to have a new performer.
  9. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Brain better not hand off Sal. I hope it is a case of Brian having another character and Brian looping in the voice latter. I am SO HAPPY that Steve FINALLY has Statler. He really should have been the one to take over for Richard from the start. He's very good. I do wish Jerry could still do the work, but he deserves to retire. At least they are recasting instead of putting his characters into storage.
  10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I think Dave is onl in his late 50's so he should be going strong for a little while longer. It is hard to believe how much time has passed since these characters started.
  11. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Wow! I'm so excited to see this movie now! It's gonna be so awesome with all those different Muppets :D
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I wonder why Steve won't be doing Foo Foo and what Foo Foo will do in the movie. Wouldn't it be funny if we first see Piggy think she will play Dorothy with Foo FOo by her side and then she finds out she is the witch. That would be great!

It seems Brian will do the voices and other people will perform the characters or perform them when two or mosre of those characters on on screen. I don't see any other reason why Brian would be listed and others would be listed with the same characters.

I hope these aren't all the muppets in the movie. Hopefully there will be a lot of random ones and these are simply the ones with speaking parts. I do hope this is when Rowlf makes a come back for real. So many other parts are recast, they should just go with it.
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

OMG!!!
    I love the cast so much! The great thing I like is that Sweetums is in it.Hopefully he gets a good major role.I am about to burst!!:)
  14. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

how did I miss that announcement?

Anyway I love that the Tom's are back (to bad Clueless and Polly aren't) I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Disney owning the Muppets. I'll judge them once I see this movie.

YAY for the return of our old favourites :sympathy: :flirt: :sing:
  15. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I hope so too. :) I'm glad to see they are continuing to bring back some of the older characters like Rowlf, the Electric Mayhem, and Bean (even though he's not been around as long as the others). :D
  16. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

It was Kevin that did Sam in the christmas movie not Eric.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

VERY cool

hey guys,

WOW very cool news Phil. Glad to see Mickey (Disney) will use MOST of the Classic Muppets that havnt spoke in awile :D :sympathy: :flirt: as with Brian and Kevin (mostly Kevin) they will "loop"
  18. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

VERY interesting indeed! I am hoping Kevin will loop his voice for Clifford, but i hope Eric keeps Sam, i liked his voice better in the deleted sceens of IAVMMCM then Kevins,at least i think i remember it being Eric.

I am so Happy that Brain Henson is part of this project and he is doing his characters, (sigh) no mention of Phil Van Nutuer. doesn't mean he's not in it, but i hope he is.

I find it odd about the random MTI characters, yet still interesting, i would have rather have had Clueless (Bill) and Polly, but polly's voice would need to be looped by Kevin.

I'm also hoping Robin comes into seen too! There's gotta be a lot of other characters like random rats, penguins, and stuff. oh and dead tom...well dead toms dead so he doesn't talk.;-)

maybe that Sal mention for Drew Massey is another Sal? maybe a new character?
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

Looks good! I'm very interested to hear the "new" Floyd especially.

Didn't Kevin Clash do Sam the Eagle in VMX?
  20. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Kevin Clash did the voice. Eric did the puppet work.

I didn't like Eric's voice on the deleted scenes at ALL. Not Sam like at all to me. Kevin is much better. If only Kevin could put the red menace down long enough to perform with the muppets in the movie though.

"maybe that Sal mention for Drew Massey is another Sal? maybe a new character?"

If that were true then that would mean there is another Janice and another Scooter. They too have different performers as well as Brian.