Muppets on WWE Tribute to the Troops December 19 and December 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
KID ROCK, DISNEY’S THE MUPPETS AND FLO RIDA JOIN WWE®’S
10TH ANNIVERSARY OF “TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS” HOLIDAY SPECIAL

STAMFORD, Conn., November 12, 2012 – WWE (NYSE:WWE), USA Network and NBC will honor the United States Armed Forces with its 10th annual holiday special, WWE Tribute to the Troops presented by Slim Jim. The 10th anniversary holiday extravaganza will air as a two-hour television special on Wednesday, December 19 at 9/8C on USA Network and as a one-hour television special on Saturday, December 22 at 9/8C on NBC.

WWE Tribute to the Troops has become a holiday tradition and is considered TV’s most patriotic and heartwarming show. In the grand tradition of Bob Hope, the holiday special will feature performances by Grammy Award-nominated, international superstars Kid Rock and Flo Rida, and WWE’s biggest Superstars and Divas for thousands of military personnel and their families at the Scope Arena in Norfolk, VA. The show will also feature appearances by Disney’s The Muppets, Access Hollywood and NBC Sports’ Michelle Beadle and more. Kid Rock and Flo Rida join a renowned list of legendary performers who have entertained at WWE Tribute to the Troops including Mary J. Blige, Nickelback, Sean "Diddy" Combs’ group Diddy - Dirty Money and Trace Adkins.

WWE is proud to have worked jointly with Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell in selecting Navy installations in the Norfolk, VA area for this annual celebration.

“We are excited to host WWE Tribute to the Troops in the Norfolk and Hampton Roads area,” said Governor Bob McDonnell. “Virginia has long been committed to supporting our troops and this is another opportunity to thank them for their service. We are home to 125,000 active duty members, 830,000 veterans and so many military families. Naval Station Norfolk is the crown jewel of the United States Navy and it’s important to pay tribute to and salute the brave men and women of the military and their families who serve our country. It’s great to see that the WWE has chosen Virginia as the place to continue this holiday tradition.”

“This is a proud moment for WWE to once again recognize America’s servicemen and women as part of the 10th anniversary of WWE Tribute to the Troops,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We are honored to bring our unique brand of family-friendly entertainment to those who have sacrificed so much for our country.”

This trip marks the 10th consecutive year that WWE will bring its one-of-a-kind entertainment to our service men and women to thank them for their commitment to the country and recognition of their sacrifices. WWE Superstars and Divas will spend the weekend doing activities designed to give back to sailors and their families including a Be a STAR anti-bullying rally and hospital visits as well as spending time with our servicemen and women.

WWE Tribute to the Troops will also chronicle WWE’s goodwill visit to our troops overseas. WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, WWE Superstars The Miz® and R-Truth and WWE Divas Eve and Layla will travel overseas to spread some much needed holiday cheer to the men and women serving our country far from home during the holiday season.

About WWE:
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 600 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/tributetot...orida-join-wwe-tribute-to-the-troops-26067510

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So it'll just be a segment appearance on this year's special similar to last year. Good, for a moment there I was afraid it'd be a full appearance on another episode of Raw. I haven't watched this for the last years cause it's turned into another special concert-type show instead of a WWE show. So yeah, I'll respectfully pass on this one.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll probably just wait for someone to upload the clip as I don't like WWE.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I like how they compare it to Bob Hope's specials in the description....I bet Bob Hope's were a little less violent.....I'm with Pinky on this...I'll just watch it as a clip

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do love when the Muppets do "charity" type of things like this.

Hubert

Reaction score
Just noting that we now have two threads on this.

beaker

Reaction score
Kid Rock, Wrasslin and the US military. Wow. Could they add in Nascar, the NRA, and Mitt Romney while we're at it to complete the cornucopia?

snichols1973

Reaction score
On tonight's Monday Night Raw, Miss Piggy appeared with Flo Rida in a promo for WWE's 2012 Tribute to the Troops.

I searched, but so far, no results for that particular clip on Youtube tonight....

muppetlover123

Reaction score
On tonight's Monday Night Raw, Miss Piggy appeared with Flo Rida in a promo for WWE's 2012 Tribute to the Troops.

I searched, but so far, no results for that particular clip on Youtube tonight....

thats awesome :stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.