Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is it... Share your thoughts below.

Disney is unveiling the poster for their upcoming Muppets sequel, Muppets Most Wanted, and your favorite felt friends are all there. There’s Miss Piggy and her dog Foo-Foo, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Walter, Beaker, Animal, and … wait, is that Kermit the Frog with a mole on his upper lip, striking a Dr. Evil-esque pose?

Nope, that’s Kermit’s sinister doppelgänger, Constantine, the criminal mastermind whose plot to steal an enormous diamond sets the international crime caper story in motion. Ricky Gervais co-stars as Constantine’s villainous sidekick, Dominic, while Ty Burrell plays a mustachioed Interpol agent and Tina Fey is on board as a Russian prison guard.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/28/muppets-most-wanted-poster-exclusive/

If you approve of the new poster for "Muppets Most Wanted" please "like" this message.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't really mind the reused poser puppets on this one. But it already looks better than what we got out of The Muppets. Especially that "Gotta Catch them All" international poster that looked exactly like the Toy Story 3 one.

(Waits for someone to complain about it not being a Drew hand painted poster, like the kind we never see in any movie ever anymore).

rowlfy662

Reaction score
very interesting nice seeing Sam and Foo Foo in there makes me think they will have bigger roles than I first thought shame Rowlf and Scooter aren't there considering there slowly becoming part of the main cast buts it looks good none the less lets hope the official trailer is just round the corner.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
That's a good starter poster. I know there are a few recycled Muppet poser images here but it still works for me (especially since Constantine provides such a sharp contrast to the "real" Kermit).

Boy, we don't see Sam The Eagle in Muppet movie posters very often, do we? That alone makes me smile, especially since it seems symbolic of his supporting role (and forthcoming partnership with Ty Burrell) in this film.

Also: Is "happy smiling Tina Fey" too sharp a contrast to her actual role in the film? (I know she couldn't be TOO serious for a Muppet movie but I don't expect her to be uber-perky either.)

Bottom line: This poster will get people talking, specifically non-Muppet fans who haven't been tracking the film for months like we have and will want to know more about what's going on.

mr3urious

Reaction score
There's also a pun in the tagline unlike before, but at least it's not too cringeworthy compared to others I've seen (*coughShrek4cough*).

Drtooth said:
(Waits for someone to complain about it not being a Drew hand painted poster, like the kind we never see in any movie ever anymore).
I would love to see a fan-made poster of this and The Muppets done in the style of the old Struzan posters, personally. :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Just copy and paste all the comments I had for the posters for "The Muppets" and allow all self-appointed wannabe graphic designers tell me I'm wrong...

:mad:

That said, all the terrible posters for "The Muppets" didn't stop it from being a good film so there is hope...in-fact maybe it's a winning formula - Bland, generic movie poster = good film

muppetlover123

Reaction score
An official trailer should be out soon.....it's getting close

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Just when I finally settled down, my excitement starts bubbling up again. When a trailer comes out, I'm just going to burst!

Great to see Pepe, Foo-Foo and Sam make it on the poster. However, I'm not liking the lack of Rizzo and Rowlf, the latter deserving to come back into the limelight. You never know though, this is only the first poster. They may be on the others!