Muppets/L.A. Times article

How do you feel about the Classic Muppets' future?

• I want them to return to glory and I think they will.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • I want them to return, but I just don't see it happening.

Votes: 33 50.0%

• Total voters

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Luke said:
Yes, lol, i was referring to you, and yeah we need to get the Henson Company to offer us enough money first. And naturally, i'll be insisting that they stock our trailers with Gummi Bears and Red Skittles.

.... but i like the way all interest in this thread has gone from "their" version, to our ghetto/pop/road comedy. It shows just who has their finger on the pulse of Muppetville!

I'm thinking we open with a big song and dance number, involving Ozzy Osbourne eating a live doozer! :eek:
Yes... yes...

First off, let me just say the Walt Disney's Gummi Bears was a great cartoon, and sorta Fraggle-like. However, I require that the Grumpy Gummi be left out of my trailer, please.

Also, Muppetville? TOTALLY beats the Muppet Theater and Muppet Boarding House out of the water! :stick_out_tongue:

Fourth (or is it twelfth?), I require Ozzy's appearance be uncut in the final version. Imagine it! The first Fraggle movie is also the first time the F-bomb will be dropped in a Fraggle production! We're makin' history, man!

Luke

Reaction score
Yea, well Grammi Gummi was always the sexy one! And in my world, anything Ozzy does is a televisual masterpiece and untouchable, so i agree the swearing must be left in ... although can we really be sure the F-word was never used in a Fraggle production? Perhaps someone on the forum could listen back carefully to all the episodes and let us know if anything crept into the background conversation at any point. I'm pointing the figure at maybe Sprocket or one of the doozers!

... and yeah i hereby copyright and trademark Muppetville. Our next movie project after we get back from accepting the "greatest family movie ever" award for "Fraggle" or "FRTM" as we call it in the trade!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"The Muppetyville Horror," perhaps?

Seriously, though, I can totally see Steve hiding the F-word throughout Sprockets mumbles and grumbles and barking. Either that, or we can translate it from doggy-speak. Perhaps that's what Sprocket's yelling at Shimelfinny's cat.

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, we need a Doggy-Speak translator to monitor any rogue F-words ... i'll add that to the crew list we need to finalise along with Personal Massuese for Travelling Matt. Poor guy, all that travelling he's got arthritis now ... no idea WHY he insists its a blonde in a swimsuit though!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
.. well... wouldn't you?

Maybe we just found a role for Jessica Simpson to play. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
.. well... wouldn't you?

Maybe we just found a role for Jessica Simpson to play. :wink:
Yes, i would. But, i didn't think Fraggles were into that kinda thing. I mean the Hoobs yes, there was a LOT of inuendo in that show (I will never forget Iver wanting to borrow Tulas handbag, and Iver and Groove wearing Lederhosen and dancing around a windmill) .. but the Fraggles were wholesome. And yeah as for Jessica, the role would suit her down to the ground but i was looking forward to seeing her wearing a Doozer helmet.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't talking about the way the Fraggles should be. I was talking about our version of the movie. :wink: