Muppets in Entertainment Weekly Magazine

dmx10101

Reaction score
In the new issue of EW for Feb 13th. they have a "Super Bowl Spot Check" with the best and worst of the Super Bowl commercials. Guess what.. they Muppets Pizza Hut commercial gets in the worst catagory. Here's what it says- "Who doesn't love the Muppets? Well, In this case-when our favorite characters are relegated to playing shrill sidekicks to Jessica Simpson-we don't." They have a little pic of the commercial too. It's on page 64.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, the commercial sucked. Don't know if it was Jessica's fault or not, but I'll just blame her and be done with it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The people they chose to do the commercials which starred the Muppets wasn't the problem. What I think was the problem is the people who wrote the commercials. It was a script problem from the beginning. jessica and The Muppets are good options; they just needed a pretty girl for the role of the human. It's in the writing.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've already recycled my copy, but there was another Muppet reference. In the article on the 40th anniversary of the Beatles' first appearance on Ed Sullivan they have a series of "what ifs" - what if the Beatles had never appeared on the show.

One of the gags suggested that with the Beatles out of the way Topo Gigo - the Italian black light mouse puppet - would have become even bigger than Mickey Mouse until his career flamed out in the late 1980s after he was found in trashed hotel room in bed with a Fraggle!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
LOL!!! :big_grin: I wished they would bring him back. I liked that little pudgy mouse.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The people they chose to do the commercials which starred the Muppets wasn't the problem. What I think was the problem is the people who wrote the commercials. It was a script problem from the beginning. jessica and The Muppets are good options; they just needed a pretty girl for the role of the human. It's in the writing.
Yeah, you're probably right. You know who should've starred in it? The multi-talented (and ultra-fine) Gwen Stefani. It says on the No Doubt website that one of her heroes is none other than Kermit the Frog himself.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I've already recycled my copy, but there was another Muppet reference. In the article on the 40th anniversary of the Beatles' first appearance on Ed Sullivan they have a series of "what ifs" - what if the Beatles had never appeared on the show.

One of the gags suggested that with the Beatles out of the way Topo Gigo - the Italian black light mouse puppet - would have become even bigger than Mickey Mouse until his career flamed out in the late 1980s after he was found in trashed hotel room in bed with a Fraggle!!
Rock on, Topo!!

Markus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Markus from Germany.
I am new here and just because I can't start a new thread
with greetings I do it here: HELLOooooo !!!

In fact there is only one commercial in Germany I remember.
It was a commercial for a big bank called "Sparkasse" which
featured Waldorf and Stadler at/in the balcony.
Wasn't very funny. :boo: :sleep:

Does anybody here noticed that ?

Accept my bad bad English, bye bye, Markus :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Markus said:
Hi, I'm Markus from Germany.
I am new here and just because I can't start a new thread
with greetings I do it here: HELLOooooo !!!

In fact there is only one commercial in Germany I remember.
It was a commercial for a big bank called "Sparkasse" which
featured Waldorf and Stadler at/in the balcony.
Wasn't very funny. :boo: :sleep:

Does anybody here noticed that ?

Accept my bad bad English, bye bye, Markus :wink:

Hiya, Markus! If you want to start a new thread, click on:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/index.php?
Pick a topic, and go into it. There's a button there reading "New Thread" and you can start a whole new thread!

There's a thread for introducing yourself here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=2294

Glad to have you around! See ya! (Oh, and your english is much better than many folks I know around here!)

FOZ