Muppets' Haunted Hotel

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Obviously, this isn't exactly a current production, but I was thinking today about the possibilities that lie within the rumored project. Here's what I started thinking.

-I think this is a great chance to bring back Uncle Deadly, especially considering the apparent horror theme.
-Speaking of the horror theme, I want to see them take advantage of this. With Muppet From Space, I thought there would be a lot of awesome sci-fi movie references, but besides the whole Van Neuter/rats scene, I didn't get much. With this movie, there should be references left and right to horror movies.
-I also think Bruce Campbell (he of The Evil Dead and Bubba Ho-tep fame) would be an excellent human co-star. I've just always wanted to see him and the Muppets together, and this would be an awesome team-up.

What about you?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Bruce Campbell is a great actor (most notable, to me anyway, for a cameo role in Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, guest starring as Billy Church on Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and best of all, starring on The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.!!!)

So yeah, it'd be cool seeing him in a new Muppets movie. There's definitely lots of room to bring in all kinds of long forgotten Muppet monsters in a horror-type film. Behemoth, Beautiful Day Monster, Splurge, Big V, Uncle Deadly, Luncheon Counter Monster, Boppity, Gloat, Sweetums, etc.

And there were a few great sci-fi references in Muppets From Space, by the way. The main one I caught and thought was hilarious was when someone turned their mashed potatoes into a bust of Gonzo!!!:concern:
Definite reference to 1977's "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" there!:big_grin: