1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MuppetFest 2?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Tera, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A few months before Muppetfest, I sold about $1000 worth of stuff on ebay just so I could travel down and get the gold package. BEfore that I literally had no money, so if something means that much to a person, anything can be accomplished.

Due to my crazy shedule and lack of funds, it'd have to be an official Muppet day or event for me to be able to attend anything.
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Sure thing! Where're you moving to?

I HOPE it worked! I want want want season sets of Fraggle Rock!! We've rumors of behind-the-scenes stuff for that and season sets of TMS, but they've not officially announced the releases or that they ARE doing it--but, I HOPE! Oh, I WISH! PLEASE GIVE US THESE SETS!!!! :concern:

Do what I did to go to MFest--talk with folks and get a roomie!
  3. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

are we moving on this at all. If you guys want me to do something just let me know.
  4. Fozzie Bear

I'm willing to try something, but not until after October.
  5. christyb

christyb New Member

Sorry Fozzie didn't see this until now. I'm moving to Weakley County. Near the University of Tennessee at Martin. About 2 hours north of you. :)
  6. Fozzie Bear

Cool, Christy! When you get down here you'll have to let me know! Maybe when Beth (Whatever) is in town, you can come down and we'll all go do something.
  7. christyb

christyb New Member

Will, do. Once I get settled and all. Weird to be returning back "home". But hey, I'll let everyone know when I get back :D.
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I wish I lived by you guys
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

You're not too far. Unless you are in upper Illinois. Anyways, that's why we need a Muppet Fest. Or at least a bad excuse to get together.
  10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am in upper Illinois about 10 minutes outside of Chicago
  11. Fozzie Bear

Start driving now so you can meet us in Memphis after she gets to TN! heh.
  12. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I wish it was that easy.
  13. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

It would be really cool if there was a way to have a "Muppet Central-fest" where we could all get together.
  14. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Yeah, I think that would be lovely. I've had that idea for quite a while now.
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

That would be really cool. I talk to alot of you every day through the forums but it wuld be great to actually get to meet all of you face to face. We should present the idea to Phil and see if he can help us get things started. It would be a great time.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Phill's had that idea suggested to him before, and he doesn't want to do the organising of a get together from MC, but I'm sure he would approve of it.
  17. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Beauregard, Can you think of someone off the top of your head that would be interested in heading something like this up.
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Er...no. Unless Kevin is isnterested. And he said he'd take a look, but not till after the summer, I think.

He's the only person I can think of off de top of my top-knot.
  19. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Just kind of keep it in the back of your mind. We shouldnt let this die.
  20. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

The problem is making the event worthwhile. MC has members from Russia, the UK, the States, Germany and every other place on the planet, aside from that, there's only a few "regular" members. If the fest was in, say Texas, USA; there has to be a draw to get, not only the east, north and west part of the states, but those over seas are gonna' need incentive too. That's where you get sponsors. An event like that would have to be huge and really expensive.

What we need are teleporters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.