"Muppet Wizard of Oz" promos on ABC

IMDWalrus

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted or not; if it is, I missed the thread and I apologize for that.

Saw two commercials for the movie today, each one show-specific. The first one ran during "Lost," and had Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie (as their movie characters) in a jungle. The threesome determined that they were...well, lost.

The second one was on during "Alias." This was the scary one. Think of Jennifer Garner in her black jumpsuit and bright red wig...and imagine Miss Piggy in that, pulling off the same kind of stunts.

Not sure if these are going to run again - maybe next week, since they seem to be meant for fans of "Lost" and "Alias" - but I figured that mentioning it here wouldn't hurt. :smile:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
"I'm Miss Piggy. I don't need an Alias."

Brilliant!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if we see a desperate houswives themed ad on Sunday.... they seem to be doing promos during ABC's big hit shows.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Housewives? Perhaps the rats cleaning their homes? Or sweeping the road? :wink:

Bea:zany:{Who dosn't have a clue what Desperate Housewives is about}regard

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well they had a promo on during desperate houswives. Kermit is looking at a sign that points to oz and Wisteria lane.... he starts heading toward wisteria lane and Piggy yells at him....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wanted to see Desperate Housewives to see what it was about, especially to know for the upcoming Sesame Street spoof. And we got this commercial for Muppets Oz.
Piggy: Don't even think about it frog!
Kermit: All right.
And then the voiceover with the announcer and Piggy.
Nice to know what happened since the dialogue was all I could pick up given my blind batty eyes. Also watched Gray's Anatomy thinking there'd be a Muppets commercial there too. Not sure if there was one though.

Stulz

Reaction score
Schedule?

Any way to get a schedule of which series and episodes will be having special Muppet Oz promos?

I saw the "Lost" one but missed both the the "Alias" and "Desperate Housewives" as I don't watch eitehr of them.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
So far three 15-second specialized ads have aired in April (Lost, Alias, and Desprate Housewives); there was one 5-second teaser logo aired in March during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (the episode the Muppets were on), and one 60-second trailer played during the ABC Christmas Parade.

ABC and The Muppet Holding Company will not commented on the possibility of any other ads or if any of the past ads airing again. They also will not tell anyone about what (if any) promotion will air with during any other ABC shows. The only way to be sure to see all the ads is to watch ABC non-stop from now until May 20. The promotion will continue to build as we get closer to the debut on May 20th but they will not, and can not, tell us exacty what ads to expect and when. Their are many practical, legal, and lagistical reason why they can't comment when commercials will air and what commercials exist or will exist - only time will tell.

Tough Pigs is doing a good job capturing all the ads and sharing them with the fans (they have the trailer, the lost and alias ads, and Danny should be putting up stuff from the Desprate Housewives ad later tonight)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... I should hope so, especially since I sent it to him last night.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't watch ANYTHING on ABC, so I'm not surprised I haven't seen any of this. I still have mixed feelings about the movie, but I'd love to see some of these promos, and hope they'll be bonus features on DVD.