1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Smilies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As a special Valentines gift, we will be rolling out new Muppet smilies for your posts. These will begin appearing in a few minutes. All of the regular smilies will be replaced with new Muppetized ones on all the posts in our forum. The smilies are designed by James Carroll.

After the first set debuts, a few other emoticons will be added over the next couple days. Be on the lookout for them. Hope you guys enjoy the little gift!

:D
  2. Joggy

Joggy Member

:p :( :D :)

I LOVE THESE!!!
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

:rolleyes: hehe pepe

:) kermit is cool

:D but this one is probably my fave.....it looks like the original ;)

Sarah
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  4. SgtPepper

SgtPepper New Member

Finaly my dream has come true... a DR. TEETH Smiley :D
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

These are cool! thanks Phil & Jamie!

i'm going to use these all the time! people will be sick of me!lol, j/k:o

ZACK,
  6. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

These are cool :D

And i'm going to be very annoying with these :o ;) :eek: :cool: :( :p :) :confused:
    HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

My new signature:

;)
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I still think one of Gorgon Heap or Luncheon Counter Monster or Behemoth, shown regurgitating something (not animated) would be awesome!
  9. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

They look so neat, but I don't see them anywhere?????? Please help me Phil!!

Jake
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

LOL!

These are awesome.

Although usually, when I log in, I go to the oldest new messages first. I saw all of these smilies, and I was like :confused: .

Then I saw off the Muppet smilies, and I kind of figured it out.

I'm oh so smart...

HubbaWhaFraggle likes this.
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Me likey! If you could use these in the Post Subject space as well, this would be perfect. What are the new characters you're planning on bringing up?

<---(Hint hint)
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Later this spring, we will be upgrading to vBulletin 3.0. At that time there will be a lot of new Muppety touches throughout the forum.

The additional smilies Jamie has been working on will be revealed soon...
  13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Ooh, a surprise.

14. anathema

anathema Active Member

First of all, I'd like to say: nice graphics, Jamie! But...

...I have a couple of comments! Before I get told off for being a stiff-necked stick-in-the-mud, allow me to explain: I'm finding it very difficult to work out the emotion each of the new icons represents, compared with the 'classic' smileys. I find the graphics to be a bit too 'busy' - it takes me several seconds to identify the expression on the Muppet's face (I'm still not quite sure what Pepe - it is Pepe, right? - is expressing!). They're just about Ok on a 1024x768 LCD panel, because the display is pin-sharp, but on a 21" CRT at 1600x1200, the icons are pretty much illegible. For example, I'm typing this on my laptop, about 12 inches away from the screen, and I can see - if I look closely - that Ernie is sticking his tongue out. On the CRT next to me however, where I normally sit much further back (to reduce eye-strain), it's just about possible to tell that it's Ernie, and that's it.

I don't know if either of these would be possible with the forum software, but how about a) providing both the 'Muppet' and the 'classic' smileys, so that posters can select which set they'd prefer to use in their posts; or b) allowing the user to select which set of icons they'd prefer to see when viewing/making posts?

Anyway, this isn't intended to be a whine or flamebait, it's just my thoughts! :-D
  15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Pepe is rolling his eyes. I had trouble telling as well.

:rolleyes:
  16. fozziebear900

fozziebear900 New Member

they are cool
  17. bats1972

bats1972 New Member

:( :o ;) :cool:

These are so cool, thanks Muppet Central!
  18. radionate

radionate New Member

Way to go Jamie!

What are the new ones going to be? :o
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

:o <i couldn't tell what it was at first..i thought he was blowing chunks into his hat.........man i feel bad!

:eek: ;) beaker and scooter are my faves!

Sarah
  20. These are cool, but all I see so far are :D , :p , :mad: , and :eek: .

Do I need to update refresh some'in' or do anything?

:confused: