Muppet Show Season Box Sets on DVD

rsl6141

Reaction score
Now that DVD has pretty much taken control of the home video market, and Season sets have become the norm for TV releases, is there any chance we'll see season by season box sets of the Muppet Show.

I'd certainly love to have all the eps, but the current Time/Life release pattern is ludicrous. $19.95 for three episodes (while shows like Buffy, MASH, and others give you 22-24 episodes for $40.00) is highway robbery.

Rob

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
trying being a fan of star trek, the kill ya anyway they can.

Like the original? Well it's 22 volumes.

Like the next generation? 100 bucks each season.

Gonzo

Reaction score
rsl6141 said:
Now that DVD has pretty much taken control of the home video market, and Season sets have become the norm for TV releases, is there any chance we'll see season by season box sets of the Muppet Show.

I'd certainly love to have all the eps, but the current Time/Life release pattern is ludicrous. $19.95 for three episodes (while shows like Buffy, MASH, and others give you 22-24 episodes for $40.00) is highway robbery.

Rob
Hiya Rob.

I agree--just so you're aware, if you sign up for the Time-Life e-mail newsletter and watch for their specials, you can get a much better deal on them. My price per DVD after taxes was about 8 bucks. Which isn't great compared to some of the other TV Series being released on DVD, but it's better than 20.00 per. It was a combination of a sale and a coupon, both of which came in my e-mail. Couldn't pass that one up.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

SarahHIYE

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
I agree--just so you're aware, if you sign up for the Time-Life e-mail newsletter and watch for their specials, you can get a much better deal on them. My price per DVD after taxes was about 8 bucks. Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Really?! The price they're offering on the main website is 100 bucks for all 15 (about 6.60 per tape). Is that what you mean (I'm sure it would be 8 each with taxes)? Do you have to sign up for an account or something?