Muppet Show Bloopers & Mistakes

mango

Reaction score
Sometimes eyes or noses might fall off on camera as can been seen in "Any Old Iron" the UK skit from the Elton John episode of The Muppet Show.

Warrick
Hi all,

I was wondering if we could compile a list (in this thread) of all known Muppet Show (and possibly Muppet movie / Sesame Street / Fraggle Rock etc) bloopers & mistakes that made it to the final cut.

Personally, I am not that aware of that many, except for the ones noted above.

I doubt there is any footage of outtakes that have been compiled into a Muppet Show Bloopers Special or anything - except for those "Making of the Muppet Show" specials where you see behind the scenes mistakes and re-shoots in the specials themselves (e.g. the making of the "In the Navy" Viking sketch).

Cheers,

mango

Joggy

Reaction score
There's been various cases of Puppeteer Spotting on the Muppet Show (Juliet Prowse ep, Temptation finale, one of the chickens' performers; Kaye Ballard ep, finale, Dave Goelz is clearly visible underneath Zoot; Mummenschanz ep, library sketch, someone is under Wanda's dress)

Then there's the time Piggy said: "Dr. Bob, you gotta pull yourself together!", totally blowing the pun by referring to Dr. Bob and not the blown up patient.

A bloopers tape would be cool... hosted by Statler and Waldorf maybe.

Waldorf: "Say Statler, do you remember the biggest blooper from the Muppet Show?"
Statler: "Yeah! Broadcasting the show on television!"
Both: "DOOOHHH HEH HEH HEH!"

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I was watching a T.V. bloopers show about five years ago and they had mistakes made in 'The Muppets Take Manhatten'.

The only one that stuck in my memory is Kermit/Jim Henson starts coughing and Gonzo rushes on and asks him if he is all right and Kermit replies 'Sure - it's just a frog in my throat'.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think someone tried to make a complete list (Ryan, maybe?), but I remember one that was very obvious:

The Muppets Go Hollywood, and Piggy's dancing with 2 or 3 ladies on one scene, and Frank Oz is visible from almost the chest/neck up.

- Billy :cool:

Ryan

Reaction score
Yeah, that was me. I wish I could think of some more.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
In the Muppet Labs scenes from Muppets From Space when the characters move around the lab table, I believe it's possible to see Dave's head underneath Bunson.

Here's a good one I'm sure no one has ever noticed from The Great Muppet Caper, and it has to be a widescreen version of it. Go to the scene backstage at the fashion show when Kermit walks in on Piggy having an encounter with Nicky Holiday. Kermit turns and leaves though some curtains behind Nicky but if you look in the mirror behind Kermit, you can clearly see Jim moving him offscreen.

radionate

Reaction score
I have a couple:

You can see the puppeteers in Statler and Waldorf's box in the episode where Gonzo crashes his motorcycle into it.

You can also see the top of Dave's Head in the Gonzo Moment Muppet Moments

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
According to movie-mistakes.com, there is one from TMM and one from MFS.

THE MUPPET MOVIE:
When Kermit is walking out of the bar to confront Doc Hopper you can see two hands moving his legs.

MUPPETS FROM SPACE:
Gonzo is looking through the little yellow telescope, but in the next shot, where his cereal forms a new message, the telescope is back on top of the cereal box.

Don't know if these are true or not, just giving what i read.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthGonzo
Here's a good one I'm sure no one has ever noticed from The Great Muppet Caper, and it has to be a widescreen version of it. Go to the scene backstage at the fashion show when Kermit walks in on Piggy having an encounter with Nicky Holiday. Kermit turns and leaves though some curtains behind Nicky but if you look in the mirror behind Kermit, you can clearly see Jim moving him offscreen.
Yeah, folks have mentioned that one. I remember trying to find it on my video, and someone said it was only on the widescreen version.

- Billy :cool:

suggsy

Reaction score
If you watch TMTM open frame you can see Jim's arm at the bottom of Kermit. A LOT.

Another great argument for original aspect ratios.

Also in the opening of TGMC when the car crashes into the fruit stand, you can clearly see the car has no windshield. i believe a pineapple rolls into it.