Muppet Paperbacks

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember there being a paperback series of The Muppet Show muppets,available in the Humour section of bookstores,during the 1980s.I wonder what ever happened to those books.Out of style I suppose.I also remember The Muppet Show Book,which was a large hardcover book,with the scenery and all the characters in cartoon form,just like in the paperbacks.Does anyone else remember these books? :sing: :flirt: :halo:

Whatever

Reaction score
I see 'em on Ebay a lot. Were they any good?

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I remember there being a paperback series of The Muppet Show muppets,available in the Humour section of bookstores,during the 1980s.I wonder what ever happened to those books.Out of style I suppose.I also remember The Muppet Show Book,which was a large hardcover book,with the scenery and all the characters in cartoon form,just like in the paperbacks.Does anyone else remember these books? :sing: :flirt: :halo:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Random House books published in the early 1980's. You can see descriptions and pictures in MC's Collectibles section:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/muppets/books_1980.shtml

Whatever said:
I see 'em on Ebay a lot. Were they any good?
Yeah, they were some of my favorite books as a kid. My personal favorites were The Case of the Missing Mother (we get a peek at Animal's mom!!) and The Muppets at Sea.

Camellia

Reaction score
Muppet Comic Books

hi, while I'm not sure what you are talking about, I do collect Muppet books. I think we have almost all the ones published from 1976 to 2004. :smile: So wonderful! The library of congress online card file has all Muppet books ever produced, too. Even some listed there which were "in planning" and an ISBN obtained, but never written.

Were they comics, put into a paperback book, about 5x7" and about 3/8" thick?

authors Guy and Brad Gilchrist
titles: Short Green and Handsome
Chickens are People Too, but what are Gonzos
Muppets on the Town

They also did a comic strip for newspapers.
http://www.gilchriststudios.com/bio/main.asp
website

The links to the Muppet work are not working, but they used to. If you want to see work samples, perhaps Brad or Guy would email you the correct or updated links. :smile:

enjoy!
Camellia

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. The Case of the Missing Mother can be seen at the Toughpigs website in the book club section. Also, I used to have The Best Babysitter in the World. That was a good one as well.