Muppet Musicals

Elchippo

Reaction score
A friend of mine, who may just be a bigger fan of the Muppets than I am, and I have a tradition. We are involved in a lot of local theatre productions, and every time we do a show together, we try to cast a "Muppet" version. So far we've done "Grease" "Ragtime"(which turned out hysterical!)"The Who's Tommy" and "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" The thread about Muppet Shakespeare reminded me of this and I wanted to share it. If I get the time and energy I may even post the casts we made up. If you do theatre, it's a fun way to pass the time during loooong rehearsals.

BEAR

Reaction score
That's funny! We used to do that at my theatre too.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Elchippo said:
A friend of mine, who may just be a bigger fan of the Muppets than I am, and I have a tradition. We are involved in a lot of local theatre productions, and every time we do a show together, we try to cast a "Muppet" version. So far we've done "Grease" "Ragtime"(which turned out hysterical!)"The Who's Tommy" and "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" The thread about Muppet Shakespeare reminded me of this and I wanted to share it. If I get the time and energy I may even post the casts we made up. If you do theatre, it's a fun way to pass the time during loooong rehearsals.
This is so eerie--I actually have a story (unposted) in which Piggy leaves the Muppet crew temporarily to go star in--what else--"Grease." Camilla the chicken is also in town, starring in "State Fair."

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Oh honey, this is nothing new under the sun here. Over in the Fan Fiction and Fan Art forum (or was it this forum?) there's a thread somewhere that has people's idea Muppet casts for various musicals.

My friend Travelling Matt (who hasn't been seen here in a while) and I especially had fun with it, as both of us have dabbled in doing fan TMS outlines. Our "best" creations to-date are a Muppet-ized version of RENT and the Muppets doing "Fiddler on the Roof", only it would be re-named to "Beaker on the Roof". I think we had plans to flesh that second one into a full-out script.

Matt also came up with a Muppet version of Little Shop of Horrors, in which Sam Eagle would play Mushnik and discover his inner ham.

-Kim

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Matt also came up with a Muppet version of Little Shop of Horrors, in which Sam Eagle would play Mushnik and discover his inner ham.-Kim
Okay--so was Piggy the plant, saying "Feed me, Kermit?" LMFO!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Okay--so was Piggy the plant, saying "Feed me, Kermit?" LMFO!
No, Piggy played Audrey with Scooter cast opposite her as Seymour (and he'd have a really difficult time getting her into the plant, lemme tell ya!).

Audrey II was voiced by Dr. Teeth (since he's got the best vocals for it, we figured). And Mokey's pet deathwort, Lanford, would have a cameo as one of Audrey II's "children".

-Kim

travellingpat

Reaction score
I always thought The Music Man would be perfect for the Muppets!

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
Matt also came up with a Muppet version of Little Shop of Horrors, in which Sam Eagle would play Mushnik and discover his inner ham.

-Kim[/quote]

Not to mention the Muppet version of "Annie" where Miss Piggy, although cast as Miss Hannigan, tries to finagle her way into playing Annie, never mind that she's about 35 years too old for the part.

And what about the Muppet version of "My Fair Lady" where Beaker is in the opening scene (as one of the people Higgins can pinpoint the dialect of)?

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmm...I'd think that Piggy would try to play Grace, considering that's Warbucks' (Kermit) love interest in the show.