Muppet Movie Question

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What was the last Muppet movie to feature the original intro with the blue laser beam forming a picture of Kermit's head, then the blue buzzer forming the Jim Henson Productions logo, then turning itself into the dot of the I in Jim? It seems like it was Muppet Treasure Island that was the last Muppet movie to feature that intro, but I want to make sure.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Was that actually the original one though? It seems relatively... modern I guess. :confused: Then again, Jim was always on the cutting edge, so I guess it is possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems original to me, I mean even The Muppet Movie had it.

Marky

Reaction score
Uh... that's a 90's home video/television intro. They may have used it for MCC & MTI theatrically, but Jim Henson's passing pre-dates that graphic.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I was always creeped out by that when I was little when we checked out MTI or MCC from the library:big_grin:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, I think you maybe right because Muppets From Space had Kermit operating a movie camera, so I think that it was MTI that had it last. I dunno, I'll have to look at it again and get back to ya.

Daniel

superboober

Reaction score
Yes, Muppet Treasure Island was the last one with the Kermit head company logo. :smile: I think it was introduced some time around 1990. Did the earlier features have the HA! ident attached at the beginning or just the distributing studio's logo, does anyone know?