Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Beauregard

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
I wish they would go with a different angle.How many times can you use the same script base idea of the muppets splitting up and Kermit going to gather them up again.... It's A Very Merry Muppet Movie.
Um...how is VMC anything like splitting up and gathering? That is not what VMC is about...at all. VMC is about Kermit understanding the importance of the friends he has.

Plus, this series is exactly what a sequel should be. It builds on the principle of TMS, while being fuundamentally different, rather than MT and JHH which basicly tried to replicate TMS without success.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Actually, I'm quite excited about the concept of the mocumentary, I love the Christopher Guest movies that are mocumentaries so I think it will be kind of a fun angle to use. And sure, the Muppets splitting up may have been done before, but honestly, it's been so long since there's been anything new, it might be a fun way to explain what they've been up to all this time! Those are just my thoughts.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The premise also helps introduce the muppets to the unfortunate generation who hasn't gotten to know and love them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
... it's been so long since there's been anything new, it might be a fun way to explain what they've been up to all this time!
I hadn't thought of that. You're right, that's interesting. All the time we've just assumed that they trundled on making a vaudeville style show, when actually they decided to divide and conquer...well, divide anyway. I sure hope that Rizzo and Gonzo stuck together all that time though.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think the show should be a vaudvillian show with a modern twist. Have the same format, but with fresh new ideas, with the old classic muppet feel aswell. :sympathy:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's a good idea Barry, especially because it'll help them attract an audience if they keep up with the times, as long as they stay somewhat true to their roots along the way! And your Rowlf icon there reminded me that I hope we see some Rowlf in the new show.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Um...how is VMC anything like splitting up and gathering? That is not what VMC is about...at all. VMC is about Kermit understanding the importance of the friends he has.

Plus, this series is exactly what a sequel should be. It builds on the principle of TMS, while being fuundamentally different, rather than MT and JHH which basicly tried to replicate TMS without success.
IAVMMCM has the same theme.Remember when Bitterman gets ownership of the Theatre and the group start disbursing, and in the life without Kermit, Kermit goes and sees where everyone is?:sleep:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Can I be the first person to officially say, "Who cares about new characters?" We'd just like to see our old friends back, and we'd like to see all of them. Together.

As I believe the Star Trek franchise is about to find out, (with their up-coming incarnation of "Star Trek Babies" about the Enterprise crew at Star Fleet Academy) having a new show about our favorite characters without actually having the show be about them just wouldn't be satisfying. We want another one, just like the other one--rah, rah, rah!

(Um, not another one like MWoO, though, 'kay?)