Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
There's a book series called My Sister the Vampire, and in one of the books (I think the first one, but it might be the second one) Olivia mentions that one of her teachers (Math, I think) did an impression of the Count once in class. :batty::batty::batty:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
2. *inhales* Naveen is one big Kermit reference. He plays a real banjo as a human and plays an improvised banjo in a swamp as a frog. He makes friends with an alligator. He has a dream. His choices of love interests are a diva-ish pink-skinned, blonde-haired, pink dress-wearing princess wanna-be and an unassuming, dark-skinned, light blue dress-wearing (at John Goodman's dance where Tiana kisses Frog Naveen) girl. This hearkens to the Piggy vs Mousey problem in TMS. Plus, there are the lovely night scenes under starry skies as everyone, including Naveen, ponders upon how to solve the problem.
Well I just saw the movie today and I didn't pick up on those things AT ALL. Naveen wasn't playing a banjo (unless I missed something) it was a ukulele. I'm not totally sure which character you're comparing to Miss. Mousey, but nither of them reminded me of her in the least. For one thing both girls had a personally, something Miss. Mousey never had and saying either of them were like Miss. Piggy is also a bit of a stretch. It's neat you made those connections to a degree, but to be totally honest, I don't see it. I mean I'm a huge Muppet fan myself (as we all are), but I do have to admit, and I don't mean this in a negative way, but I found it odd when other Muppet fans compare EVERYTHING to the Muppets, :wink:.

Totally LOVED this movie by the way.

On tonight's American Dad, Stan was praying and said...

"Dear Lord, forgive us for casting Whoopi Goldberg to play you in that Muppet TV movie. I was not a part of that decision."

Has VMC ever been referenced before? By anything? Awesome. :big_grin:
Yeah I thought that was awesome.

Also in the Simpsons episode (I watched a little bit of it, since I was mainly watching the Muppets on Home Makeover), somebody was appearing to kill Grandpa Abe to make a big story out of him...or something like that. Well anyhow, it showed a movie poster of Grandpa Simpson and it said featuring Jim Henson's Creature Shop, :smile:. I thought it was funny that JHCS would be needed to create Abe Simpson.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I didn't see this one and I'm surprised no one listed it, but on the new Family Guy Star Wars parody "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side", Cookie Monster returns, this time playing a Wampa.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I didn't see this one and I'm surprised no one listed it, but on the new Family Guy Star Wars parody "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side", Cookie Monster returns, this time playing a Wampa.
Oh yeah, why didn't I mention that one? I actually have seen the special too, since my little bro got it for his B-Day.

I also watch that part with the commentary on, and one guy told Seth and the other guys "Hey did you know the Cookie Monster is now the Veggie Monster?" Man Seth and the rest of that crew were all up in arms about it. I wonder if they found out that it's not true? :insatiable:

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, I got that for Xmas, and was wondering when somebody was gonna say something about it lol. I totally forgot to put it up here actually. Luke cuts his arm and he says 'I was only gonna ask you to the monster ball but now forget it' lol. Classic

Daniel

terrimonster

Reaction score
On "Better off Ted" this week, the boss referred to the guys from the lab as Bunsen and Beaker.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh yeah, why didn't I mention that one? I actually have seen the special too, since my little bro got it for his B-Day.

I also watch that part with the commentary on, and one guy told Seth and the other guys "Hey did you know the Cookie Monster is now the Veggie Monster?" Man Seth and the rest of that crew were all up in arms about it. I wonder if they found out that it's not true? :insatiable:
Oops! Sorry! I figured it was too big an appearance to go unnoticed. I guess your post was buried a little deeper then I looked. :halo:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I know there've been other references to both The Muppet Show and Sesame Street- I just can't think of them right offhand.
I'm not sure if somebody's mentioned this, but I was watching it with my parents a few weeks ago, and it was the stolen bike episode, and when they were trying to see which one of the three bikes was the right one: "My bike has a Kermit sticker on it." (or something like that...) :smile::smile::smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Nostalgia Critic's "Conan, Part 2" ... Conan shows up in a large room with a shiny thing on a pedestal. NC: "Hey, look, it's the fabulous baseball diamond!"