Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
In today's episode of "Emperor's New School" Kronk made a "Rubber Duckie" refference...

He said something to the extent of

I got up and took a spongebath with Chubby Duckie. He's my little friend who is Cute. And He's Yellow... and he's chubby...

It wouldn't have been a refference if he didn't say those exact words.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
There's a quick Kermit reference in the great film Hot Fuzz, in theaters now.

Danny Butterman: So what made you want to become a policeman?
Nicholas Angel: Officer.
Danny Butterman: What made you want to become a policeman officer?
Nicholas Angel: I can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a police officer, except for the summer of 1979 when I wanted to be Kermit the Frog. I remember when I was five, my uncle Derek bought me a police pedal car. There wasn't a minute of the day I spent out of that car. I went around arresting kids much bigger than me. I got beaten up a lot, but it didn't stop me.
Danny Butterman: Man, he sounds like a great guy!
Nicholas Angel: Not really, he sold drugs to a bunch of youths, probably bought the pedal car with the proceeds.
Danny Butterman: What a [expletive].
Nicholas Angel: Naturally, I never went near it again. I just left it there in the yard to gather rust. But I never lost the profound sense of right and wrong I felt behind the wheel of that pedal car. And I always wanted to be a police officer, from that moment on.
Danny Butterman: Oh. Shame, really...
Nicholas Angel: How so?
Danny Butterman: I think you would have made a great Muppet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know how official this one is, if it's a coincidence or not, but there were 2 old guys on a bench on King of the Hill that looked like Statler and Waldorf...

The one that looked like Statler said "They've finally come to kill us."

the Waldorf looking one said
"I liked it better back when you could stick them in factories."

Seems like a reference to me.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I don't know how official this one is, if it's a coincidence or not, but there were 2 old guys on a bench on King of the Hill that looked like Statler and Waldorf...

The one that looked like Statler said "They've finally come to kill us."

the Waldorf looking one said
"I liked it better back when you could stick them in factories."

Seems like a reference to me.
haha you know I thought the same exact thing! Crazy makes you wonder if it was ment to be them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Watching NFL Sunday Morning Countdown on ESPN... Just before they went to commercial at around 11:50 AM EST, there was a Muppet appearance.
Kermit showed up saying "Hi-ho, Kermit The Frog here saying it's not easy being green in the NFL."
Maybe he'll show up again later, keep a googly eye open!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! What a fun segment with Kermit.

He opened his piece singing his green song, slightly modified for the football piece.
"When I think it would be nicer.
Being blue, or red white and blue, or silver.
Or something much more colorful like that."
He then talked out the second verse of the song... Mentioning that he knows what it's like being green and handled roughly around the pigskin.

Kermit then went on location in a semi-reporter role to Times Square.
Kermit: "They say there's a bright light in Broadway for every broken heart. I wonder how many of those broken hearts belong to Jets fans."
The people at Times Square were upset with QB Chad Pennington.

Guy on the Street: "He doesn't have any arm strength."
Kermit: "Yeah, no arm strength, that's something I know about."

Kermit then went over to Gino's at Philadelphia to get some more interviews and a good cheese steak sandwich.
There was a guy who said that maybe the Eagles should change their green to be like Kermit's to bring them some luck.
I say give that man a raise.
The segment ended with Kermit taking on the statue of Rocky Balboa, "I finally made it, yo Adrian!"

All in all, a great performance by da' frog-in-chief.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be... Then again, not necessarily. Just cause there's talking food of any kind doesn't have to be a reference to any Muppet food.
Thanks for the find though... Warp on to Level 9 Maddie.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I found this, but I'm not sure if it should count or not. On the TV movie "Billy & Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure", the drummer in the number "Scary-O" looks and plays the drums a lot like Animal. Should this be counted? Here's the song, but the quality's not that good.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vt9heP9VV8E

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
sorry but I really don't think that thing looks much like animal at all nice looking characters though some others are rather in the same 70s vein as the muppets though it would seem same goes for fosters home.