1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. GonzoLover85 Member

On 30 rock last night, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) and her new boyfriend Carol (Matt Damon) are talking about things they love and one of them is "When Muppets present awards"
  2. Frogster Active Member

This kinda counts, but Katy Perry wore a revealing Elmo shirt on a Bronx Beat sketch with Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph.

I'm gonna go on record and say that I think Jim would be disappointed... not because of the sketch, but the true story material they used for it. Sorry, but Kevin Clash and everyone else on set that day had plenty of time to say something.
  3. Frogster Active Member

Labyrinth was mentioned by Carl on Family Guy tonight, and he also said that Jennifer Connelly's hands are like a bag of snakes.

BTW really great episode, I loved how they included everyone from the show.
  4. hoopless Member

Watched an episode of Robot Chicken earlier tonight and they did a huge sketch at the end of the show about remaking The Dark Crystal to appeal to todays youth and told the story in the form of a gangster rap video. It was incredible and very funny, including the Podling DJ. The at the end the producer type characters stood by a picture of Jim and said something along the lines of "we've failed you Jim" before poisoning themselves.
  5. hoopless Member

Episode 3 of The Walking Dead they're talking about catching frogs to eat and say you'll be glad to have Kermit legs when we run out of food, to which the reply is "I'd rather eat Miss Piggy"
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

Hehehe, The O'Reilly Factor on FOX News just played a brief clip of "Together Again" from Muppets Take Manhattan. It was referring to O'Reilly making his latest appearance on David Letterman, lol.
  7. Gelfling Girl Active Member

I apologize if anybody has said either of these, but I caught these two references while watching Glee:

Kurt Hummel: We're as menacing as Muppet Babies.

Kurt: You know, when you call me "lady", that's bullying and very hurtful.
    Sue Sylvester: I'm sorry, I thought that was your name. As an apology I'll allow you to choose from the following nicknames: Gelfling, Porcelain, and Tickle Me Dough Face.
  8. GonzoLeaper Active Member

As I'm sure you can attest, Gelfling would be an awesome nickname! Cool find! Especially for the Muppet Babies reference- they can be menacing. Don't make them open a can of imagination on you!:p;):)
  9. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

On last night's new episode of The Big Bang Theory the gang was dressing up as the Justice League for a New Year's Eve costume party and when Penny wouldn't go as Wonder Woman, Sheldon suggests they just go as the Muppet Babies instead.

Raj: "The Muppet Babies? Again? Okay, fine, but I get to be Kermit."
    Sheldon: "No, no, no. I'm Kermit. You can be... Scooter."
    Raj: "No, not Scooter! Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies!"
  10. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Wait, wait, wait- what is that supposed to mean? Scooter is the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies? Really now, that is a tired old joke. Aquaman does more than just talk to fish, you know. He has mental telepathy with them so he commands marine life like jellyfish to sting people or whales and sharks to eat people and aid him in other ways. He's also incredibly strong underwater and fast when swimming. And he's King of Atlantis and generally doesn't care much for surface-dwellers but he deals with amiably enough when he feels like it.
    I've always liked him pretty well along with all the other Justice League of America members. (Okay and most DC and Marvel superheroes in general.)
    And what's with cracking on Scooter? Scooter's cool- he was obviously one of the smartest of the Muppet Babies considering that he was doing computer programming at the age of like 3.;)
    -Okay, sorry- just had to say that.:)
  11. Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, totally! :scary::) Especially since he's my fave character on the show so far.
    But he chose "Porcelain" instead...:sympathy:
  12. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

On Regis & Kelly today,Kelly was saying that she gets mistaken for Prairie Dawn sometimes. (Sorry, but I don't see it)
  13. shadow Pumpkinh New Member

14. shadow Pumpkinh New Member

Also In the recent THOH episode of the Simpsons, in the Twilight spoof, The Count is seen with other famous vampires.
  15. haakonsmary Member

An homage to the doorknockers from Labyrinth appeared in a recent comic book issue based on the Angel TV show, Angel: Illyria: Haunted #2.

When the doorknockers first appeared, I thought it was just a visual reference, but then they made a joke about an oubliette in the second panel.

I uploaded that panel here if anyone wants to see it.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hate to post Sesame Street ones here, but I recently saw a season 6 Fairly Oddparents episode "Fairly OddPirates" and these pirates were plundering a baseball stadium shouting "AAARRRR" each time.... at one point, there are 2 OBVIOUSLY Sesame Street looking characters holding the letter O and the letter R, and they take the R.
  17. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Robot Chicken S05E07 " Skeeter's Revenge"

i don't want to spoil it
  18. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmmm. Since you brought it up I sort of notice a slight resemblence between the two of them.
  19. JJandJanice Active Member

I honestly thought that would have a thread all of it's own, ;)
  20. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member