Muppet Fans...I Need Some Help!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Been searching far and wide for a really good scale model of a school bus, something very similar in make and design of the Electric Mayhem bus from the films. So far I have not found what I am looking for. I need something bigger than 1/64th scale, and highly, highly detailed. Basically I want to study it from all angles so we can make the coolest freakin' EM bus on the planet. Unfortunately I do not have a real bus I can go outside and study, so I need the next best thing.

So, if anyone finds me such an item and I use it for help in constructing our model, I will put your name on the package and hook you up with a full set of Series 5, including the Bus, and an extra Bus signed by all the folks here. Of course if there is a cost involved in aquiring the piece itself we can work that out individually.

Anyway, if anyone out there can help me...the help would be very much appreciated and you can get a credit on the product you helped to create.

(CYA: Just cause you send me a pic or point me to where to get the item doesn't guarantee the above swag. I have to USE it in order for you to get the hook-up. That's the catch.)

Luke

Reaction score
Ken,

Just a thought but why don't you guys just get hooked up with the dude who has the actual EM Bus and hire it out for the day or if not hiring it, ask if a photographer can go up and take photos from all angles. I know this should be more than possible and the layout isn't the same as a school bus.

Other than that, Henson will have the make and model of the bus they use and you could probably locate one from a nearby dealer, or even see if there are scale models of that specific bus for sale.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL Well i guess Ken's way means people get free stuff. Just making sure they get an accurate product likeness.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'll keep my eyes open

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Ken,

Have you looked at any of those old metal schoolbus toys from the 70s and early 80s. I remember having one of those and I always thought it was pretty realistic.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Other than that, Henson will have the make and model of the bus they use and you could probably locate one from a nearby dealer, or even see if there are scale models of that specific bus for sale.
I wish I'd known earlier, three weeks ago the largest antique car(truck/bus/motorcycle) show/flea market in the world was held in PA, I'm sure there would've been something there... (we planned on going for a day, but didn't make it)

anyways, if someones got the make/model of the EM Bus, I'm sure someone can get pics of one (or even drive it out to you guys, lol) I know you said you're looking for a model though.(which I won't find, but I'll also look into)

edit: Luke posted over at the Palisades board that the EM Bus (the exterior at least) is a "1967 Intl'Harvester Bus" :smile:

(edited again, because apparently I can't spell Bus)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe
edit: Luke posted over at the Palisades board that the EM Bus (the exterior at least) is a "1967 Intl'Harvester Bus" :smile:
Yeah thats one in the eye for all the people round here who've been sniggering for years that i know nothing about Muppets and just bluff my way around it. Yup, thats right - Luke lucked out !

Now whats the purple guy with the long noses name again ? :stick_out_tongue:

tomahawk

Reaction score
so ken, your saying any style of large bus? does it have to be from any sort of time period? i'll take a look at the stores around here to see what i can do.