Muppet Babies

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
...the only other Baby Fozzie I have, though, is a squeaky toy!! no BIG doll, like my Baby Kermit.
FOZ
Well, I have a Baby Fozzie DOll, and to tell you the truth, Foz, man, I'd give it to you, except for two things:
First of all, I'd never let go of it, seeing as how Fozzie was (and still is) my favorite Muppet (Baby or otherwise). Secondly, it is quite old, kinda grubby, and I don't think you'd want it anyway. But the though counts. FOzzie rocks!

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
I can really see both sides of the Muppet Babies issue. Wasn't it Bernie Brillstein's idea to develop the show to give the Muppets a regular television presence in the mid-eighties (when the company's focus had drifted to the Creature/Fantasy projects)?

The downside is that, since the Muppets had so few visible projects in the late eighties, most people my age (and in the years surrounding) were kids during that time, and think that the Muppet Babies are the Muppets. It seems like they have forgotten that the puppets are really what the Muppets always were.

While I like the idea of keeping the characters visible, and their personalities recognizable, I think the cartoon series should have been a part of a larger plan, and they should have been balanced with the puppet Muppets in the minds of the audience. I think the Henson focus just went elsewhere, and once the show was rolling, and had success, they didn't think about what damage that this series may have been doing to the franchise.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Scott

Joggy

Reaction score
To completely change the subject as we on MC so often do...

Is there ANYBODY on this earth who can do a decent Baby Gonzo impersonation?!

Mine only sounds like Baby Animal...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Joggy, there's worse! My Fozzie is alrgiht I guess, but when I do a Bert laugh, it sounds like TV's Peter Griffin (and when I do his laugh I sound like Bert) Sheesh! I guess I could try an adult Gonzo.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy,

Well i just found a Boober voice !!

I can sign "The Friendship Song" real good now !

See ya

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
ok, I can see your point. All of your points. But lets think about this. Can't we just let it be? The muppets aren't about logic and perfections. They'r eabout lettin loose and takin it easy and havin a good laugh. Lets not try and complicate things.
Then agian, that is just my opinion....:cool:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
About the Muppet Babies

My contempt for the Muppet Babies program has been noted many times. I feel it unnecessarily hurt the integrity of the Muppet characters.

Now Luney Toons is copying the format! Eeek!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Disney, Looney Tunes, and Hannah Barbera all jumped on the Babies bandwagon and it irritated me.

I wouldn't be caught doing any baby versions of Muley and the gang...unless I thought it was profitable (hey! I'm American after all!!) LOL!

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
Disney, Looney Tunes, and Hannah Barbera all jumped on the Babies bandwagon and it irritated me.

FOZ
I agree with you Foz! The Muppet Babies were good. Even if you don't think so, at least good compaired to that Pup named Scooby Doo (one of the world's most rubbery animated cartoons), Gadget Boy (Just give Inspector Gadget a new series and none of this "Baby" stuff), and Dsiney BAbies (which, thank the Lord, never made it to air). True, they Muppet Babies started a rather stupid trend, but it was a good show for kids, and I wish they were still running. I mean, today's shows are all poisoning kid's minds with Buy Buy Buy mentality. At least MB were wholesome, and didn't have people go to animal fights for profit. (What kind of message does that send kids? Pokemon is the equivilent of Rooster Fighting!)