1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Babies video edits

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by minor muppetz, Feb 8, 2007.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

What edits have been made to the various Muppet Babies episodes when released on video?

The only edit I know of is in the video Explore with Us, which omits the "go bye-bye" ending after the credits.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Most of the VHS had the "go Bye Bye"tags removed (as I've stated in an earlier post). I think Valentines was the only exception. That said, the episodes are edited, because they used prints of the syndicated versions.

The Valentine episode has a scene cut out (during the insult poem segment) where Scooter gives Skeeter a beard. We see both of them wearing beards with no explaination.
  3. minor muppetz

Then does anybody know what was cut in syndication? Does anybody know if the video releases cut anythinjg that wasn't cut in syndication (besides the tags)?
  4. minor muppetz

Were any of the Star Wars clips edited from the video release of Let's Play?
  5. minor muppetz

I guess that most of the last season episodes that were released on video were mostly uncut, because very few episodes from the last episodes were even syndicated.
  6. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

The McDonald's MB VHSes didn't have the Go-Bye-Bye removed. I know this because I own several.

I kinda wish that Disney and McDonald's would do MB DVDs of specific episodes...

I'd kill to see "Invasion of the Muppet Snackers" again.

BJ
  7. minor muppetz

Do you know how many were released?

I only know of three releases: The Daily Muppet, Gonzo's Video Show/ I Want My Muppet TV!, and The Great Mupet Cartoon Show. Were there any more?

There is a page for these videos at Muppet Wiki, in need of attention. I have The Daily Muppet but can't scan an image of the cover, but maybe you could, if you have any of the covers (and scanning equipment). Of course you might not be a member of Muppet Wiki, but you could join.
  8. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I happen to have another McDonalds MB VHS: Snow White and the Seven Muppets.

Maybe we should have a list of all the McDonalds MB VHS tapes...

BJ
  9. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

That was one of my faverite muppet babies shows of all time .

Mcdonalds and disney would make so much money if they would get together and do the dvds that would be so great .
    :)
  10. minor muppetz

Why should future Muppet Babies DVDs be released at McDonald's, anyway? Why not at retail?
  11. muppet baby

Yep retail would be even better i Where are the season sets if they are doing the muppet show why not muppet babies i know that the henson company are making the muppet babies dolls if they are doing that .

Why not muppet babies dvds :) :mad: i want to see baby kermit and piggy again they where two of my faverites and then some more to he he that is my all time faverite cartoon and nothing will ever replace that .
  12. minor muppetz

If Muppet Babies gets released on DVD (or rerun on television again), I wonder if the Henson Associates logo will still be there, or if it will be replaced by the Muppet Studos logo. Then again, the Jim Henson Pictures logo was included in Disney's DVD releases of TMM and GMC (and that opening logo wasn't even included in the films when they were originally released), and the Jim Henson Productions logo was still included in the recent DVD releases of MCC and MTI.
  13. muppet baby

Great thought who knows time will tell :)
  14. superboober

superboober Member

My thought is they'd probably do the same as they've done with other releases from the period and put the short version of the Jim Henson Television logo on the prints.
  15. muppet baby

Another good thought
  16. minor muppetz

I hope not. If a DVD release of the series was up to me, I'd use the original master tapes.
  17. muppet baby

Amen i really was thinking about that today :) i really hope that they will do that but we can only hope .
    i hope that they make the dvds before the tapes deterate all the way and nothing is left that would just be terrable .

I jsut really hope that they really don't wait to long .
  18. superboober

superboober Member

Now that I think of it, you have to wonder if the "silver Spider-Man" Marvel Productions logo would remain intact in a reissue set as well; whether you see vintage MP logos today seems to vary from show to show.
  19. muppet baby

I know i have wondered the same thing in the back of my mind :concern: