Muppet Alice in Wonderland project

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1328

'Cause make no mistake, folks. A lot is riding on how well this new Muppet TV movie does in the ratings. If "Oz" wins its time slot that night, I'm told that Disney will greenlight production of a new Muppet TV movie (Possibly the "Muppets' Alice in Wonderland") the very next day. If "Oz" does poorly ... Well, that really doesn't bode well for Kermit & Co.

Interesting...I can see the Mupepts perpetually in nonstop classic retellings, slowly losing their true identities >__< How about if Oz does well, an oriignal project helmed by Kirk and company can take shape?

Also, what's this about Piggy in a soap commercial airing on tv these days?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
(Possibly the "Muppets' Alice in Wonderland")
This has been a title floating around (along with "The Wizard of Oz") since after "Christmas Carol" when they were trying to do another "classic"; but they picked "Treasure Island" next (and then "Wizard of Oz")...so maybe "Alice" is next, or maybe not.

For more information on some of the future project of the Muppets after "Oz", and the importance of "Oz" to the Muppet's future check this out: http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/2005/03/muppets-future-is-in-oz.html

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh no. Please. No not let it be so. No. Oh, no. Oh, deary dreary me. Oh my gosh. Oh hephalumps. I think I'm going to...just...cry. Oh. Oh no.

__

Interprited for people with long noses, huge eyes, and labcoats:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!! MEEEEEEE! MOU! MOU! MOU! MEEEEEEEE!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? Huh? Oh, I'd rully like to see Muppets In Wonderland. A perfect cinnergetic blend of two of my fave bands of characters. Though, would hope they'd base it on the Brooke Shields TMS episode and expand it from there. And I'd also hope they used this version to get it right and tell the complete tale, unlike their animated version.
Don't get me wrong, the animated version was good, but there were pieces mixed up from the two stories.
For a rully good real-life version you guys should check out the TV movie version starring Natalie Gregory as Alice and a whole bunch of other big-time stars like Sammy Davis Jr. as the Caterpillar and Ringo Starr as the Mockturtle.

*Crossing fingers for a TV correct movie version of Muppets In Wonderland.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*crossing fingers that the Muppets will see the error of their ways and change there minds and not make another mistake like making Muppet Wizard of Oz and will back away slowly from this train-wreck of an idea*

__

Interprited for one of the aforementioned Muppets who can only make words from very few letters:

Meep, muck met! Merd meet me a mee i'meea.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Why can't they be original again? I was nervous (and still am to a small degree) about Oz, but now I'm really nervous about all of it.

Beau: A beaker theme today, NICE! I was wondering what would top the "Gnu" theme.

christyb

Reaction score
As much as I would love orginal....Wonderland might be fun. I mean we don't even know if it's in the works right?? Besides the most important thing here is for Oz to get big ratings and I mean big. Even if you don't want to see the movie just turn on your TV and hit mute that night people! :smile:

BTW: Beaker, very nice. I'm lovin' it more than the Gnu.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
My god, I hope this goes ahead. Wonderland is my favourite story of all time, and I hope the muppets do it! But I think Muppet MacBeth should be their next priority!!!! :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Personally, I can think of a dozen better (in my opinion) classics for them to do. But, I won't name them here becuase of copywrite and for fear they won't do them because they think I'll sue.

I just feel Wonderland and Oz are too similar. Wonderland, strange characters in a strange land, Oz strange characters in a strange land. Also, a girl is mysteriously transported to that strange land in both.

__

Interprited for a strange creature from a strange lab:

Meemou, me meeping mo ma meem (me my memup!) meeps mou moo. mut, meeee, mee, mee, meeperwrite. Meep me'll moo!

Me meel Meep and Meep meep moo Meep! (Notice in Beakereze Wonderland and Oz are ever spelt the same, which means they are very, very similar? No?)

Mo, meevey mend.

WDWspider

Reaction score
Wonderland sounds like another TV special though. Any chance it would go to the movies if OZ does well? I'd love to see another great Muppet Movie more along the lines of Dark Crystal, especially today, but another nice Muppet movie like Christmas Carol or Treasure Island would be fun too. Too bad... Oz seemed like a good idea for a major production. I guess Muppets in Space kinda messed things up some.