Mistakes in Muppet Films

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scoot,

When Piggy is sitting on the Lillypad she has lit sparklers (Fire) in her hair.

They wouldnt be on under the water, So its obvious they played the film back, so it looks like the fire is on when she comes up out of the water.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the ice cream did change from light green to light purple. No lighting issue there. Even at 5 years old I noticed that! Also, in TMM, at Mad Man Mooney's used car dealership, Kermit's sock is clearly visible throughout the scene. Those are the two big things that stuck out to me in the film. Oh, and the weird music cut during Rowlf's song with Kermit. It's almost like they edited down the song for some reason. There's quite a blip. Still, it's my favorite Muppet film.

As a side note, do you guys think that Muppet films have become less cheery since Jim died? MCC had a rather gloomy theme. MTI was fun, but had more of a sinister slant (of course), MFS was missing music, so was the Christmas special and it also had a gloomy feel. The original Muppet trilogy was jam-packed with cheer. I just found myself pondering this issue because of tomorrow's anniversary. :sympathy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I don't think it's too gloomy. MCC is just a gloomy story, nothing you can do about it. MTI was funny and action packed and even cheerful. MFS was missing songs probably because they wanted to try something besides a musical. And AVMMC did have music including no stage numbers.

About mistakes in TMM. Did anyone notice the blantantly obvious edit in "Can you picture that?"? They are playing in the church and you see a huge blip, obviously bad editing. There was also an obvious edit at Mad Man Mooney's when Milton Burrel (sp?) says, "What's this pile of ____." His lips say junk but we hear Jack and cut to another shot where he tells Sweetums to move the car.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Scoot,

Originally posted by Warrick
When Piggy is sitting on the Lillypad she has lit sparklers (Fire) in her hair.

They wouldnt be on under the water, So its obvious they played the film back, so it looks like the fire is on when she comes up out of the water.

see ya
I kinda figured that was it, but the way it was posted... it just seemed like scarecroe was talking about the Charles Grodin/Diana Ross issue.

Thanx.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Also in The Muppet Movie, when the Electric Mayhem is waving Goodbye to Kermit & Fozzie, you can clearly see the head and arm of Zoot's Performer

WiGgY

Reaction score
Are these mistakes seen in the wide screen or regular TV fitted versions? I ask because some of these "human" sightings may have been cropped out in wide screen.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo14
Also in The Muppet Movie, when the Electric Mayhem is waving Goodbye to Kermit & Fozzie, you can clearly see the head and arm of Zoot's Performer
Which release was this? If it was the original release (on tape), which I've seen, then, yes, this is right. But, the Muppeteer sightings were resolved in the re-release. The one in the plastic green box with only Kermit and Miss Piggy on the cover.

Also in the original release, in the same scene (earlier), Richard Hunt (who is laying on his side) can be clearly seen as he performs Scooter. It's pretty neat.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Here are some goofs i noticed in each of the films and bear in mind if they're not exactly in order of the year they were released:
Muppets Take Manhattan (1984):
-During the Saying Goodbye song, Scooter's puppeteer's arm could be seen briefly
-Even though Floyd appears in Kermit's dressing room on the opening night of his hit musical Manhattan Melodies, he is no where to be seen in the next scene. The same goof happens with Janice.
-When Kermit and Miss Piggy enter the church, Crazy Harry, Sam, The Newsman, Pops, Louis Kazzager, and Marvin Suggs, who were on the opposite side of the church switched rows. In addition, Mahna Mahna and The Snowths were replaced by Lothar.
Muppet Christmas Carol (1992):
-During the Scrooge song, One-Eyed Jack appears as a vegetable salesman preformed by Frank Oz, but many scenes later in It Feels Like Christmas, he appears as a British prisoner preformed by Jerry Nelson.
The Muppet Movie (1979):
-Jim Henson's head briefly appears before Kermit walks through the door to Lew Lord's office.
-Kermit's arm sock appears yet again in the last song Rainbow Connection.
Muppet Treasure Island (1996):
-The puppeteer controlling Spotted Dick's movements when Sam says let go aft line can be seen briefly.
-The apple barrel appears a lot bigger inside compared to how it looks outside
-At the end of Cabin Fever, various puppeteers can briefly be seen
-Angel Marie's puppeteer can be seen briefly.
-Dave Goelz, the puppeteer for Gonzo, can briefly be seen during the song Something Better.
The Great Muppet Caper (1981):
-Even though Pops mentions there's no kitchen in the song Happiness Hotel, The Swedish Chef walks out with a pot halfway into the film.
-Muppets who weren't involved with the break-in of the Mallory Gallery appear. Examples in this case include Rats and Louis Kazagger.
-At the end of the film, Statler and Waldorf somehow appear outside the plane, with parachutes on.
Muppets from Space (1999):
-Even though Pepe says there is no bread, Gonzo comes walking in, with a plate with two pieces of toast on it.
It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002):
-When Bobo says there are carolers outside, Crazy Harry and Dr. Teeth are shown to be excited to hear this, but in the next shot, both characters are nowhere to be seen.
The Muppets (2011):
-At the start of the telethon, Zoot's hat is missing, but then is shown wearing it when he plays his note in close-up.
-After Tex Richman knocks out the power to the phones, Sam is struggling with his phone, but then appears on stage, and then appears wearing nothing.
-After Tex Richman yells at Bobo and Uncle Deadly to tell them to stop singing, the same spray bottle that Bobo had in his hands reappears in his hands yet again.
-At the beginning of Walter's whistling performance, The Swedish Chef appears on stage wearing a tuxedo standing next to the other Muppets. Before the song ends, he is standing behind Mary and Gary in his normal clothes.
During the recreation of the Muppet Show opening, Janice is seen in the orchestra pit, but then appears in the arches with the female Muppets.
A Muppet Family Christmas (1988):
-Frank Oz's head appears for a split second.
Kermit's Swamp Years (2002)
-In the part where Young Kermit, Pilgrim, and Croaker are under the bench, a puppeteer, possibly Bill Barretta moves with Croaker.
Who else noticed the same goofs i did?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I got a big mistake in MFS that no one has mentioned yet, hiring Tim Hill.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
For the 2011 Muppets movie mistakes, it should also be noted that Gonzo, whom we see having trouble with his bowling ball and can't stop swinging it until he throws it at Tex Richman. However despite this, he is clearly seen between shots of the "Life's a Happy Song" finale without said bowling ball and not swinging it.