Miss Piggy in November 25th People Magazine

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a little blurb about Piggy in People magazine's news section this week.

Designer Jeremy Scott thought it would be a kitschy kick to have Miss Piggy in the front row of his Nov. 2 L.A. fashion show. After hearing the snout-nosed diva's demands - including a $10,000 appearance fee plus first-class travel and lodgings for the porky one's puppeteer - Scott's reps told Miss Piggy and Co. to stay put in Muppetland.
This is from the November 25, 2002 issue of People. The brief paragraph is located under the "behind the seams" section by Steven Cojocaru.

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
earlier....

i had posted piggy was going to be in style magazine. i had it wrong. she was/is going to be in the in style section of people as phillip reported. sorry about that.

interesting note, they did not ask for $10,000 as the article states. thaty asked for much lower.

henson had no idea that piggy's photo in the mag was going to be used in a blurb sort of slighting the company. they were contacted by people for a photo though.

the photo used was not the one they sent in.

but i guess no press is 'bad' press.

jf

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: earlier....

Originally posted by JohnFranklin
i had posted piggy was going to be in style magazine. i had it wrong. she was/is going to be in the in style section of people as phillip reported. sorry about that.

interesting note, they did not ask for $10,000 as the article states. thaty asked for much lower.

henson had no idea that piggy's photo in the mag was going to be used in a blurb sort of slighting the company. they were contacted by people for a photo though.

the photo used was not the one they sent in.

but i guess no press is 'bad' press.

jf
I have to agree that this is a slight. A performer deserves to be paid for his/her work. I think what this blurb really does is make Jeremy Scott look cheap. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Could this be connected to People's recent lack-luster review of the special? I found it strange because they didn't really list a good clear reason for not liking it.