Misconceptions about your age

Hubert

Reaction score
Oh, I respect your privacy! :smile:
It isn't so much my privacy that I'm concerned about, actually. It's more the fact that I feel like many times online, if someone knows your age and is older than you, they sometimes have a tendency to talk down to you a bit, whether they realize it or not. If someone is younger than you, they sometimes tend to talk to you with more respect. I don't want either one, hence the reason I just keep my age unknown.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
I used to lie about my age online...added ten years. Now that I'm past that fake age I don't care anymore, lol.

I'd say Hubert is late 20s, perhaps 26-28.
-------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Considering that Hubert and I seem to share a lot of the same views on things ranging from society to television and whatnot, I'd peg him somewhere in the "middle age" bracket... I'd say he's either in his 30s or possibly 40s... because most people I know who share those similar kinds of views tend to be of that age, if not a little older, and I KNOW I was born in the wrong decade, lol.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It isn't so much my privacy that I'm concerned about, actually. It's more the fact that I feel like many times online, if someone knows your age and is older than you, they sometimes have a tendency to talk down to you a bit, whether they realize it or not. If someone is younger than you, they sometimes tend to talk to you with more respect. I don't want either one, hence the reason I just keep my age unknown.
Good Point,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I may have a better assumption as to what heralde's age is, but I still have to say after all these years of her adding VERY insightful, mature, knowledgable, worldly (in a good way), and really wise posts to this forum, I was under the impression she was at least in her mid-to-late 30s, or even very early 40s.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
When I was 22 people thought I was 17. Now I'm 29 and people think I look 18. :/