Minority Characters

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
superfan said:
Big Bird can translate the language of any feathered creature he happens to meet on SS be it chicken, duck or a generic songbird. Not bad for a 6 year old.
He's very Impressive.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words......

Thanks Ilikemuppets, for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. And look what we acomplished! Here we had 2 seperate opinions, (and mabey we still do), but I think I can safely say that, by doing what we did here in the end, we have both earned the respect of the other. And THAT, to me, is a major acomplishment! Sincerely, Rosewood:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Your welcome Rosewood, and I completely agree with what you are trying to do, which is bring people together, and it is people like you who make this world a bettey place. You have definitely help me too look past my own self and value the opinions of others.

Thank you.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Diversity is one of this countries strenghts right now, and some people just can't get with that. It everybody could just get out of their own shells and swollow their own pride, then I thing we would all find out that were all not so bad after all. This, I think would make a better, and stronger country, for a country divided aginst itself, cannot stand at all.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Diversity is one of this countries strenghts right now, and some people just can't get with that. It everybody could just get out of their own shells and swollow their own pride, then I thing we would all find out that were all not so bad after all. This, I think would make a better, and stronger country, for a country divided aginst itself, cannot stand at all.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank You Rosewood, and I just want you to know that you are valued and appreciatedbe me,(I don't mean to get to personal here everybody) and I could learn a lot from someone like you as well as everybody here, and I think that's kind of why were all here.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Well, I would not say I'm a saint by any means

Ilikemuppets said:
Thank You Rosewood, and I just want you to know that you are valued and appreciatedbe me,(I don't mean to get to personal here everybody) and I could learn a lot from someone like you as well as everybody here, and I think that's kind of why were all here.
When I first joined, I came in here bound and determined to make everyone see things MY way. My goal was to find a way to get people to gather together and force SW (even if it meant at gunpoint!) to change their tune and start recognizing the wishes of those of us who wished to see old SS re-runs. And I came in with enough "gun powder" in my attitude to blow up any "Elmo fanatic" who got in my way! What I didn't realize, back then, was that this forum is (or at least is SUPPOSED to be) much more sophisticated than the lesser ones out there; the ones who allow swearing, fighting, and extreem opinion pushing, and have never even heard of something called a moderator. I came here from one of those forums, and it took me a while to get used to the way things are supposed to be around here. It took a few times of nearly being evicted, I'm sure, before I realized that I no longer had to defend myself at every turn. It took a while, but I learned that there are many different people and opinions on this forum. But this forum is more like a family than any other I have ever encountered. We all may have seperate points of views, but we also have many things in common. Lately the bickering and fighting here have been getting out of hand much more than usual. And I've sometimes been in it up to my eyeballs! I'm not proud of it. There have been threads started with suggestions in them that were way out of line. And when the best response would have been to not respond at all, I have been so weak (and eager to be accepted) that I have responded to them, now and then in a hostile manner which, in turn, has caused a "hot spot". Since then, after many mistakes, I have been trying to make ammends for un-necessary bickering that I have started, but not just by being neutral. We can dissagree without fighting, and if something extreem or offensive is posted, we can respond best by simply not responding. This forum is in need of some healing help right now. I am agreeing to lay down my arms and pour water on my gunpowder for the sake of the forum, as others have already done. I encourage other members to do the same. Lets try to bind the wounds that this forum has aquired, rather than pour salt on them. I appreciate your kind words, Ilikemuppets. Like you said, we can all learn alot from each other if we are willing to. Mabey you and I could become better aquainted by talking to each other privately. I know from past experience that sometimes hearing tons of praise, going from one person to another, can stir up just as much contraversy as extreem negativity can. What say we all regard each other as equals out here and get back to talking about the one thing we all have in common and that this forum is based on: the love of Muppets!:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
When I first joined, I came in here bound and determined to make everyone see things MY way. My goal was to find a way to get people to gather together and force SW (even if it meant at gunpoint!) to change their tune and start recognizing the wishes of those of us who wished to see old SS re-runs. And I came in with enough "gun powder" in my attitude to blow up any "Elmo fanatic" who got in my way! What I didn't realize, back then, was that this forum is (or at least is SUPPOSED to be) much more sophisticated than the lesser ones out there; the ones who allow swearing, fighting, and extreem opinion pushing, and have never even heard of something called a moderator. I came here from one of those forums, and it took me a while to get used to the way things are supposed to be around here. It took a few times of nearly being evicted, I'm sure, before I realized that I no longer had to defend myself at every turn. It took a while, but I learned that there are many different people and opinions on this forum. But this forum is more like a family than any other I have ever encountered. We all may have seperate points of views, but we also have many things in common. Lately the bickering and fighting here have been getting out of hand much more than usual. And I've sometimes been in it up to my eyeballs! I'm not proud of it. There have been threads started with suggestions in them that were way out of line. And when the best response would have been to not respond at all, I have been so weak (and eager to be accepted) that I have responded to them, now and then in a hostile manner which, in turn, has caused a "hot spot". Since then, after many mistakes, I have been trying to make ammends for un-necessary bickering that I have started, but not just by being neutral. We can dissagree without fighting, and if something extreem or offensive is posted, we can respond best by simply not responding. This forum is in need of some healing help right now. I am agreeing to lay down my arms and pour water on my gunpowder for the sake of the forum, as others have already done. I encourage other members to do the same. Lets try to bind the wounds that this forum has aquired, rather than pour salt on them. I appreciate your kind words, Ilikemuppets. Like you said, we can all learn alot from each other if we are willing to. Mabey you and I could become better aquainted by talking to each other privately. I know from past experience that sometimes hearing tons of praise, going from one person to another, can stir up just as much contraversy as extreem negativity can. What say we all regard each other as equals out here and get back to talking about the one thing we all have in common and that this forum is based on: the love of Muppets!:smile:

Well said.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Well said.
agreed, and I'll say that I appreaciate your honesty. To bring back an old topic, I saw saw the sketch where Dr. phil and dr. feel where were bickering on about who was hosting the show as well as whose show it was. So it It not like problems don't happend' but in the end, Instead was just a accepting or setting aside each others difference, they worked them out, which was you give a little and I give a little, but they both agreed on one basic theme.

So maybe we were both right and wrong at the same time and that would pretty much cancel out the fromer argument. And like I said before, maybe this is what Sesame Street is about, and I sorry for bring up old stuff, but I'm trying to learn beter about the subject, so please forgive me everyone if I am being somewhat annoying.

Peace.