Might be getting an iPad...

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm not sure where this is supposed to go, or even if this announcement warrants a thread, so as always, if I've made a mistake, move/edit with my blessing.
I'm sure that any readers of my fanfics have noticed a lack of updates in... well, months. I'm sorry for this, and I think you deserve to know why.
First, my fanfic-in-progress and oneshot thread are not dead. I still plan to write, but it may be a bit longer before it gets posted.
You see, I have a physical issue that interferes with my fine motor skills (eg writing, typing, using scissors, etc.) I can write by hand pretty well, but typing is really hard. I basically can only use two fingers at a time, and on average only about eight words a minute.
If you notice, my responses to threads are usually pretty short and I use a lot of emoticons. I really wish I could do longer posts, especially when I review something. There are times when I can type more (like now) but I need a lot of time and can't be too stressed out.
When I started doing fanfics, I never dreamed that so many amazing people would take the time to read them. I'm very grateful to all who have, whether they've commented or not. I just couldn't get stuff posted as fast as I liked, so I took some time off to see hoe I could make typing easier.
There is actually software that you can talk to that translates your voice to text. I've been working with it, and although it takes time to train (i needs to be "trained" to be accurate) and I don't have it at home yet, I think it works really well.
Since I have to type other places besides here, and this has become an increasingly important problem to solve, soon I might be getting an Ipad that has this kind of software on it. Because everything you wish could happen quickly always takes forever, I don't know exactly when I'll get it or when it will be working well enough to post stories, but when it is I'll post here to let you guys know.
You guys are all awesome. I love logging on during weekends and seeing all the zany, fun stuff that has been posted here. I appreciate your kindness and patience. :smile: Hang in there with me, and Mostlikemokey the writer will strike again as soon as she can. Thanks!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Oh gosh, really? *looks again*
Yup. *recites rules of capitalization burned into her brain by her school teachers*

Hubert

Reaction score
Though I haven't really gotten into any of your fics yet (I rully should), we definitely understand. We are quite a patient bunch here, for the most part. And glad to hear that you might be getting some stuff to make your fanfic writing and such easier and I wish you well on that. :smile:

And Snowth's comment made my day.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Although I may have to completely rewrite the one in progress. It's been so long it's gathering digital dust.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not to ruin the happy moment, but why not get a laptop with such a software. You can get decent laptops for around 250 as opposed to the 500 bucks an overpriced slab of glass and metal costs...

*puts up ghost shield to protect self from angry Apple fans*

charlietheowl

Reaction score
We are a patient bunch here, and definitely understand that it might take longer for you to write due to your condition. Don't feel bad or anything; we'll always be here. Good luck with acquiring an iPad!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
In response to Sarge, an ipad was just one idea. Not quite sure what will work yet. Besides, ipad is easier to type.:wink:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've thought about getting an iPad when the warranty on my laptop expires in August. Sort of a "maybe" "maybe not" deal, probably mroe towards the latter. :cool:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
yup. ipads are cool, but technology has to be functional first and foremost.