Memories of various skits

camillachick

Reaction score
I've been wanting to write out some memories of skits and such to see if I can spark some others to remember. Here are a number of old ones I remember:

1)Cartoon- a couple of teenagers try to wake up a plant. They use shouting, a trombone, alarm clock, and a dog. The dog's bark sounds like a person speaking the words ruff ruff ruff ruff ruff! "Hey Rex wake up the plant" Water finally does the trick. "Plants need water man"

2)Cartoon- "Stop. I am the bridgekeeper." thunder and lightning "Whoever crosses this bridge by me must show me triangles- make it three." There was also another about circles and food.

3)Live action- A boy makes a fruit salad by putting layers of fruit in a bowl. This is set to music. While he is searching for a spoon to eat it, his friends eat most of it and save him the cherry.

4)Cartoon- The fairy godmother of Begonia Park grants three wishes to a cat who wants it to never rain, wants to know what happened when everything is dry, and wants it to rain. And the fairy godmother of Begonia Park said- "Those were the worst three wishes I ever got from anybody!"

5)Cookie monster is in a park with a basket full of cookies. A little bug (unseen but heard) keeps bothering him with a zzzzip zzzip sound. Cookie monster offers him all the cookies in the basket but the bug won't go away. Finally he says, "All me got left is this silly letter Z." And the bug carries it off.

6)Two cartoons about listening. First an elephant asks directions to the zoo but won't wait to hear the whole thing and has to keep returning. Next cartoon is an alien trying to find his mother ship at the baseball diamond. He also has to hear the directions several times because he isn't listening. Although this is an old clip, it was on Sesame Street not five months ago!

7)Cartoon- The letters in HELP are on a desert island trying to get rescued. They spell PLEH and LEHP before figuring out how to line up right.

8)Muppet- A game show in which Baby Bobby must pick his grandmother from three contestants; a man, a dog, and the grandmother. They all wear a grandma wig and say, "I am Baby Bobby's grandmother" except the dog who says, "Woof!"

9)Muppet-The count hires a man to wear a sheepskin and jump over his bed like a sheep so he can count him over and over again.

10)Cartoon- A horse and an O. Once upon a time a small o rolled over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over! the horse.

11)Live action- A boy shows us how Chinese noodles are made. The best part is eating them!

12)Cartoon- A man hangs a "funny looking thing" in the air which turns out to be the letter q.

More memories are welcome!

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a cartoon that had a moose covered in marmalade? "Me and my 'm', we go mmm mmm mmm."

salemfan

Reaction score
4)Cartoon- The fairy godmother of Begonia Park grants three wishes to a cat who wants it to never rain, wants to know what happened when everything is dry, and wants it to rain. And the fairy godmother of Begonia Park said- "Those were the worst three wishes I ever got from anybody!"
I saw that in Season 31!

6)Two cartoons about listening. First an elephant asks directions to the zoo but won't wait to hear the whole thing and has to keep returning. Next cartoon is an alien trying to find his mother ship at the baseball diamond. He also has to hear the directions several times because he isn't listening. Although this is an old clip, it was on Sesame Street not five months ago!
The clip about the alien was on episode 4037 about Super Grover's cape in Season 34!

8)Muppet- A game show in which Baby Bobby must pick his grandmother from three contestants; a man, a dog, and the grandmother. They all wear a grandma wig and say, "I am Baby Bobby's grandmother" except the dog who says, "Woof!"
I think the name of that game show(which is hosted by Guy Smiley)is "To Tell A Face."

salemfan

Reaction score
I also remember:
*An animated clip in which a talking chair says, "I'm a chair" and shows the word, then a gorilla(or is it a giant?) sits on him. This clip was in Season 31, in the episode when Telly wants to be the king of Sesame Street.
*An animated clip in which a talking pencil writes DANCE on the beach. This clip was in Season 31 also, in the episode when Ernie sleeps at Big Bird's nest.
*A song about what's inside certain things(Inside a clock...). This song was in the Season 32 episode in which the Amazing Mumford makes every letter S on Sesame Street disappear.
*A poem about Bruce the Moose and a goose
*Guy Smiley's game show The School Game
*The song, "Calcotta Joe was a modern rhino"

camillachick

Reaction score
Hey teenintosesame, can you describe your last 3 memeories more? I feel like they ring a bell, but can only remember them vaguely.
Anyone remember these bits? Two stop animation sequences with music in the background but no words. The first was a bunch of blocks making themselves into an elaborate zoo which toy animals enter at the end. The second is a number of non-live cats; all toys and nick nacks scooting onto the scene and in the end a real cat enters to drink from a bowl of milk.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One of my favorite rare sketches is almost the same as anybody else's, including Ernie pulling Bert's nose off to put on a sculpture of Bert's head, Bert banging on the door as Ernie bangs on the drums, Cookie sleeping over at Ernie's, Bert's nephew about to get into a tub full of Ernie's toys and freaking out over the shark floatie...and more.

I think that SS is the first example of what Mtv wanted to be with Music Videos, shows, and more!

One such sketch that seemed like a program in itself is The Ballad of Casey McPhee, when Cookie Monster is the engineer and gets trapped on the other side of an avalanche from the city where the kids' parties will be held. It's not only classic SS performance, but VERY entertaining as well.

Outside of this, my other happens to be The Alligator King.

jasontarkus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the three part sketch with Grover & Herbert Birdsfoot demonstrating the 'AN' family?

First was 'Ran' with Grover running (I remember his legs & feet flopping around in the air) and of course at the end he collapses from exhaustion

Second was 'Can' - Grover builds a pyramid of cans and then accidentally knocks them all over. Grover is very embarrassed & goes very quiet (strange for Grover)

Finally is 'fan' - Grover turns a fan on causing a hurricane force wind that blows Herbert & himself away (there is that classic crashing sound somewhere off screen)

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, the pencil clip starts with the personified pencil on the beach. He says, and writes D-A-N. Then he writes an S, but says, "Wrong." and erases the S and writes a C in its place, then an E. He says, "DANCE" and dances away.
And the Bruce the Moose skit-I remember it vaguely, but it ends where they get in a caboose and both drink juice.

ceecee

Reaction score
I remember most of these with fondness. Here are a few more I like:

-(animated) The kid who has a list of items to get from the store (a loaf of bread, a carton of milk, a stick of butter). He keeps repeating the items as he walks to the store, but gets distracted by a fire engine and some other stuff. So when he gets to the store, he can't remember.

-(animated) The kid who is going to bed, but keeps seeing a singing alligator. Turns out it was only his dog.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was one i saw in the 70s and it was probably a very early one about love. it's not clear. but from what i rememeber, it man would walk around and say love and people would, well 1 person he says love and the man says groovy! and sprinkle something over the man. he says love to another man and he says not! last1, he says it to this woman who was probably his wife an hits him on the head with a pan.