Member Stalking

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think that it will turn off people who think that the forum should be a free-for-all sandbox. I see no problem there.

What I believe needs to happen is that the mods need to have some teeth. They need to be able to ban and temp-ban users. Temporary bans would get the attention of those twits who just don't have a clue otherwise, and full bans for those who damage the community.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well that is a very aggrieve approach, but I think you have to "play the politics" here. What I mean by that is, you can't start banning members temporary or other wise without letting them know what's going on.

I think that as a Mods, or even members for that matter we all want what is best for the forum. I also think that Banning should be a last resort. Because we should want people to stay here, unless they just absolutely refuse to play by the rules.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Back when we had the temporary banning system, a member would get notified with a message regarding their activities so as to have garnered either of the first two strikes: either the week-long (7 days) or month-long (30 days) ban, stating that if they continued these actions upon their return to the forums after the second strike they would then be permanently banned. This is one of the options that got lost when the forum got Facebookized as I've mentioned in other posts on the subject.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So what can be done, I mean I don't really think that you could easily add a banning program on the forum anyways? I think going to a whole new forum format would be way to much, but then again is the problem really bad enough to go that far.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think my point got lost.

If someone is repeatedly spamming and their posts are deleted without notification as to why, how are they going to understand what they are doing wrong?

No, some people just don't learn, but if there are repeated offenses, why not tell the person what they are doing? They really may not understand.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, perhaps it should be suggested to the forum administration to tweak the forum's notification system to deliver such notices when a person's post or thread gets deleted with the reason as to why it was deleted. Such a feature would be very handy regarding these repeat offenders.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've been banned from Muppet Wiki SEVERAL times. Just like Muppet Wiki, you can't have more than one account.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not having multiple accounts is a good thing that prevents spamming and trolling.