Mayhem's bus

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
hello Muppetsdownunder, yes we bought the bus :smile: . my wife cindy found it on ebay about 2 minutes before the auction ended , the rest as they say is history. we decided it would be fun to drive it cross cuntry , 2500 miles oregon to illinois. however it wasn't drivable :cry: and we had to have it shipped. i hope to do a full story with pictures :confused: as soon as i get to know my way around the site. i hope also to do a drivetrain restoration this winter and get it out for a few longer trips next summer.
roger

CyberSteak

Reaction score
Questions...

Do you know for a fact that it is THE bus?

How much did it cost you?

Who did you end up buying it from?

I think that's all. :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
gipsey muppet said:
hello Muppetsdownunder, yes we bought the bus :smile: . my wife cindy found it on ebay about 2 minutes before the auction ended , the rest as they say is history. we decided it would be fun to drive it cross cuntry , 2500 miles oregon to illinois. however it wasn't drivable :cry: and we had to have it shipped. i hope to do a full story with pictures :confused: as soon as i get to know my way around the site. i hope also to do a drivetrain restoration this winter and get it out for a few longer trips next summer.
roger
You can't post photos on this forum. If you talk to the moderator Phillip Chapman, he'll probably he happy to have an article about the Mayhem bus with ohotos and would put it in the article section.

gipsey muppet

Reaction score
yes it's THE BUS

phillip welcomed me to the forum earlier, he and i will hopefully be working on a post with pictures and a bit of history on the bus in the very near future.
yes it is the original bus, we have documentation from the henson people.
we purchased it from the family who owned it for 20 years, pete bought it right after The Muppet Movie.
the price was very reasonable for what we think the bus represents. the building that we had erected to store it in the shipping and now the repair all add to the expense involved in preserving a valuable art/history artifact.
roger

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

So, would you guys be happy to allow it in another Muppet film if they called for it? It must be cool to own such a monolith of Muppetdom.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wow! That must be so AWESOME! owning the Electric Mayhem's bus! :big_grin: :sing: :cool: Now make sure that in any future Muppet films that you let them use that bus, lol