Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
According to Amy they have two more weeks of production and they will be shipped out from china. So that means we will be getting him sometime around the middle or the end of next month.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
According to Amy they have two more weeks of production and they will be shipped out from china. So that means we will be getting him sometime around the middle or the end of next month.
Thats great news, I cannot wait to have Gonzo to display with my other muppets. On the other hand I am not looking forward to dissapointment if they have not changed his look from the proto pics.
Q.........would anyone send their Gonzo back if he ends up coming out of the box with a sock nose and a massive upper lip?

My answer will be probably YES....sadly.

Come on MR why are you so worried? Can you not show us the final pictures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's great for members like MuppetCaper to be so positive all the time and I have remarked it as a good thing - except in the cases where some posts redundantly and aggressively attempt to eclipse and void those who have doubts. Please let them do so without having to hear the same mantra each and every time. That's what I am citing.

I know there's less information to go on, but all conversation and critiques are not going to begin and end when another forum member sees fit. And that really has been the main source of criticism - the lack of information. Amy, who is a very nice and busy MR employee, has given remarkably little substantive information.

It's fine (and great) if you are a cheerleader for all that MR does. Not everybody has to be or be continually met with your response when expressing a grievance. Just don't quash the conversation. We know you believe everyone should take a wait and see attitude. That's clearly established many times over. I know it can be frustrating, but some of your responses to other forum members can be perceived as intimidation. :mad:

I want and hope for a great Gonzo too. But until MR gives us more information I'm going to still be around the thread posting what I please within forum guidelines. Also, MR could not have worse prototype photos if a monkey had the camera. They can't complain about that and there's been no referencing that issue from them.

It is marked on nearly every prototype photo from every company that it is indeed a prototype and the final product will vary. Many companies, therefore, do a little creative Photoshopping with the images. If MR marketing is that concerned about the perception maybe they should consider doing so as well.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The other thing is, if he's that close to shipping from China, there's no reason they can't show us updated photos that show what the final product will actually look like... just like the Animal proto that was at Comic-Con. That one was final and that's what he looked like when we got him.

I WANT to give them my business, but I want to know what I am going to get. I shouldn't have to wait for fan photos to find out.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Q.........would anyone send their Gonzo back if he ends up coming out of the box with a sock nose and a massive upper lip?

My answer will be probably YES....sadly.
Mine too. I want to get him as soon as possible, just in case he doesn't look horrible. But if he does, then yeah, I'm gonna return him and patiently wait for Fozzie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much they were able to change right up-to-the-wire with the Gonzo photo puppets? If there's still manufacturing changes could be going on? I really doubt that, but I guess it is possible that the nose could have been a separate piece refined and added later. In either case, even though I am getting Gonzo, I will wait to get a mid-production one if possible.

Also, if Gonzo's shipping from China in a couple weeks it will definitely take several additional weeks to a couple months from that time to reach the Master Replicas warehouse and another week or two to reach each pre-order customer. Not being a wet blanket here. That's how it works. Gonzo will not be in the US mid February unless MR pays some sort of very high premium. That's probably best since Animal is relatively new to the market.

Still can't wait for my Animal. I just got confirmation he is in the city! Depending on the competency of the UPS driver assigned to Animal, the furry dude will be in my hands very soon! :halo:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I would still keep mine, because he will still be the best version of him, plus there may be some way I could get the nose covered with something else like flocking, just leaving the upper lip issue, which most Gonzo dolls seem to have.(and the eyeshell lugs, which could be painted green).BUT I HOPE THEY HAVE MADE THE CHANGES!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would still keep mine, because he will still be the best version of him, plus there may be some way I could get the nose covered with something else like flocking, just leaving the upper lip issue, which most Gonzo dolls seem to have.(and the eyeshell lugs, which could be painted green).BUT I HOPE THEY HAVE MADE THE CHANGES!
I'm still partial to the Palisades (post series 2) Gonzo, but I'm biased. :wink: I want and hope for their photo Gonzo to be better. Terry's was perfect, but the con and preorder pics are inferior to the plastic figure thus far. In fuzzy form this will be the closest to Gonzo we'll likely get to own. Even if it has turned into a glorified plush it's still better than any other Gonzo plush toy created (and expensive to boot). I can understand others feeling differently. It's an expensive investment to make (however I believe it to be a good one).

*No matter what, I'm buying Master Replicas' Gonzo and I'm keeping him!*
(Of course, I might just have him altered, but even the big MR supporters around here will likely do that no matter how he turns out.) :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I do remember Amy saying that it takes six weeks to get from China to the wherehouse on a slow boat if that helps. We where all joking one time when Animal way on his way. We though he might have swam across himself. :wink:

goodrastus

Reaction score
I agree with the earlier comments about the marketing of the replicas. These are fantastic products but I would not have purchased Kermit or Animal if it wasn't for fan pics. And I didn't get Kermit until a few weeks before Animal because I was still a bit unsure. I'll simply be following the same process again but MR could and should change this issue by simply updating and including great pics of their products. Surely that's what you do if you want to sell something!

It's good to hear Gonzo is getting closer so I know, like many others, I am looking forward to seeing photos of him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.