1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by jacobsnchz, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I have a proposal to make. If 'Man or Muppet' does not win the Oscar...

WE RIOT!

Just imagine it; Muppet fans everywhere revolting against the establishment know as "The Academy." It. Will. Be. Epic.

But, fellow fans, let us not lose hope. Plan A is "Man or Muppet" winning. I mean how can it not win??? I seriously think they just added the Rio song in because you have to have at least two songs in each category. I feel like that's probably the reason.

BUT

If on some chance that **** freezes over and pigs fly (Even Miss Piggy) and Rio does win, we will riot. Imagine it, friends, penguins flying through the air as we make clear our demands to the world. This is Plan B.

Now, excuse, as I plan to "Occupy Kodak Theatre" on Oscar night with the fact that "The Muppets" wasn't nominated for Best Picture. :p
    Borples likes this.
  2. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

or they could lose and kermit walks out with the muppets and sees all their fans out there to greet them.
    Borples likes this.
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

You sir, are a genius! We, as fans. should go down and have a party in front of the Kodak Theater and in case they lose, they come out with their heads held high and we all cheer for them! Then, suddenly we all break into a giant rendition of "Life's a Happy Song" (or, in this case, "Man or Muppet") and then the Academy people come out, see how awesome it is, and gives the award back to the Muppets! We get a perfect rendition of "The Muppets" finale and and Oscar! Brilliant!
  4. DannyRWW

Somebody is going to have to get hit in the head with a bowling ball though
    Dominicboo1 and Borples like this.
  5. Borples

Borples Active Member

Not to be an alarmist, but a usually-reliable blogger re-tweeted something from someone else today who claimed that a "good source" said that the Best Song nominees won't be performed this year. Since it's completely unsubstantiated third-hand information, I wouldn't even bring it up, except that it's the second time I've heard that this year. I wonder.
  6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

that sucks :( poor segel and walter
  7. Borples

Borples Active Member

IF it's true, it would be really disappointing, yeah. I wish we'd hear something for certain. I mean, if they're going to do something like that, they ought to give us time to raise an unholy fuss first, right?
  8. muppetlover123

i know that would be amazing if they had a preformance of the song AND OR IF Man or Muppet won have jason segel and his muppet and Walter and i think Jim Parsons was his name
  9. DannyRWW

I think they will perform. There as already beeen talks about it in various interviews. Even if it was the intention of the Oscars not too I think there has been too much public talk otherwise and I think they will have to let the songs be preformed. Its only two songs anywyas.
  10. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yay! more awards for muppets! Wait... So they give a new Muppet, and Jason Segal a Oscar, but they wont give one to Miss Piggy? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! lol jk, I hope they win, because man or muppet is competing with a song from that movie rio.
  11. Taco Monster

Taco Monster Member

I'm pretty mixed on this. I'm glad anything from the movie got nominated, and I'd say the odds are in favor of it winning against that Rio song. But to be honest, "Man or Muppet" was my least favorite of the three major songs in contention, and I thought they would have at least nominated one additional song. Wikipedia says that since 2008, no more than two songs from the same movie could be nominated - maybe the rule has changed again? Plus, the fact that there's only two nominations in the category as a whole is rather depressing in and of itself. Still, go Muppets!

By the way, I would guess that if they do perform, they'll find a way to incorporate other Muppet characters into the performance.
  12. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

So when are the Academy Awards or when do we know the result?
  13. muppetlover123

14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I just googled it-Feb 26!
  15. Borples

Borples Active Member

16. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Really? Really? The Oscars is three hours long, and the show can't find the time to stick in TWO musical numbers. That's what, eight minutes total? Not a lot of time. So they can have a few extra montages dedicated to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or something? A few extra jokes beamed straight out of 1993 from Billy Crystal? Terrible decision making by the crew behind the Oscars.
  17. robodog

robodog Active Member

I'll say this. If the Muppets loses to friggin' RIO of all things I swear I'll find whoever's responsible and get them intimately aquainted with the biggest, heaviest baseball bat I can find. I'll kick their tails so hard they'll burp farts for the next decade.
  18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

There's quite the protest on Twitter over this decision, helped out by our friend Ryan and The Muppet Mindset account, and Judd Apatow of all people. So if you have a twitter, tweet @TheAcademy and tell them how you feel. I know I did!
    theprawncracker likes this.
  19. DannyRWW

OOO I should get a twitter account just for this. I am very upset. Not just as a Muppet fan but as a fan of movies. I have to admit I haven't watched the awards in awhile fore these very reasons. Music in film is so important. Its a shame only two songs were nominated to begin with.