"MAN OR MUPPET" Nominated for Best Original Song OSCAR!

zoebell

Reaction score
i think it wins hands down. it looks like it was the only song that scored high enough to even get in.

the more i think about this, the more i honestly think the academy should just consider releasing another nominee, whatever the next highest scorer was. a category with just two nominees is a joke

Alvin

Reaction score
I think it has a good chance of winning, though the award shows are always stupid. They seem to pick the dumbest or the worst winners in some categories. It is a very catchy and melodic tune, and has some good depth and meaning to it. It's almost an anthem for all us puppeteers...:smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I looked it up, this is the first Oscar nod for the Muppets since 1985's Muppets Take Manhattan(Nominated for Best Original Score, lost to Purple Rain) and if they win, which a lot of us are thinking is gonna happen, it'll be the first Oscar they ever had. BUT, if it DOES lose(unlikely but weirder things have happened), it's in good company, I mean, Rainbow Connection lost when THEY were nominated and look how THAT song turned out.

Daniel

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great song from a great movie!!!!!!!!!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I do wish Pictures in my Head and Life's a happy song got nominated to, but from a fan standpoint I'm happy that Man or Muppet got nominated...do they still perform the Oscar nominated songs or did this get shoved to the technical awards? I hope they do and I'm sure they will have other Muppets show up even if it is just Walter and Jason performing

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I'm so excited about the nomination! I have a really good feeling that "Man or Muppet" will take the award but if it doesn't, at least The Muppets will always be called "the Academy Award nominated film". Sometimes the nomination to some is just as good as winning. :smile: Featured below is a story by Billboard and reasons why only two songs were nominated this year. Doesn't make much sense but at least it gives The Muppets a bigger chance of winning!

http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/oscar-analysis-what-happened-to-best-original-1005966952.story

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
In the words of Twilight Sparkle:

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

I'm also surprised that "LaHS" or "PIMH" did get nominated, but whatever. I love this song and I'm glad that a least one of the songs got nominated! :big_grin:

goldenstate5

Reaction score
I do wish Pictures in my Head and Life's a happy song got nominated to, but from a fan standpoint I'm happy that Man or Muppet got nominated...do they still perform the Oscar nominated songs or did this get shoved to the technical awards? I hope they do and I'm sure they will have other Muppets show up even if it is just Walter and Jason performing
They still do perform them, and with only two songs there's a far greater chance that the full song will be performed. Include the fact that the Oscars is produced by ABC, and to that extent, Disney, more than just Walter and Jason will appear, I guarantee it.