Macy's Windows

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This was posted at MC News Articles, and I was hoping someone might can go photograph the windows and get them posted on MC?? I'd love to see them!
FOZ
Kermit unveils Macy's Famous Holiday Window featuring the Muppets Courtesy of Macy's November 21, 2002

Macy's Herald Square welcomes America's top frog, Kermit the Frog to co-host the unveiling of Broadway's most famous holiday windows this Friday November 22nd.

Once again and in time-honored fashion, the world's largest store raises the curtain of its six famous holiday windows to mark the beginning of the season. In a special unveiling at Macy's Herald Square's Broadway entrance, the six windows between 34th and 35th Streets will showcase Kermit and the Muppets ice-skating at Rockefeller Center to a carriage ride through Central Park. Each frame depicts a scene that is synonymous with the Big Apple. The sixth and final frame finds the Muppets arriving at Herald Square in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Moments before the windows unveiling, Macy's Santaland Express will lead the holiday charge as it departs from Bryant Park to arrive at Herald Square. Carrying a special cargo of good little boys an girls, the steam engine will spread holiday cheer all the way down 6th Avenue to Macy's Herald Square on Broadway.

In addition, the miracle will continue at Macy's as four of the 34th Street windows pay tribute to the timeless magic created by Twentieth Century Fox's "Miracle on 34th Street," the 1947 Hollywood film classic that immortalized Santa Claus' special relationship with Macy's.

On Thanksgiving Day during the Macy's Parade, Kermit will be honored with a new balloon. A commemorative Kermit doll is now available at Macy's stores across the country. Kermit comes with a camera and a roll of film. He's a "Frogtographer" wearing a hat with ear flaps that hang down. Macy's has also released a beautiful Thanksgiving Day Parade 2002 Snowglobe featuring Kermit leading the other balloons across the New York skyline. A commemorative 2002 Kermit Christmas Ornament has also been released by Lenox.

The Macy's Parade will air on November 28th, Thanksgiving Thursday, at 9 am eastern, 8 am central on NBC. The following evening, the Muppets are featured in their first made-for-tv movie "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" on NBC at 8 pm eastern, 7 central.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
I got photos of 2 of the windows that are open for display (Kermit & Piggy & Foo Foo and Kermit Dolls) and the kermit balloon. I will post them as soon as I get the fil developed this weekend.

Michael

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
THANK YOOOO!!! :smile:

Any chances of getting photos of the other windows?

FOZ

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'll get the other windows as soon as they open and share with all who cant make it to the Big Apple :smile:

Trust me..from what I saw today in reference to the windows that were under construction (the had a black cloth up over the window,but you could see in as they were working cause they had the lights on), this display to quote Edge from the WWE "Is Gonna Reak Of Awsomeness"

Only 2 windows were open today. The rest will be opening tomorrow.

Michael

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

Please try and catch all of this on Video, It would be great trade material !

And i would love to have it on video, And id like to buy a set of those Photos you took too !

Let me know !

See ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Michael!

Warrick is right. If you can get video footage at all of them putting up the windows, you could likely get some good trades for that.

Foz