Lord of the Rings

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Does anybody get The New York Times? They have it for free at the college I attended - and where my dad teaches - and one thing I've noticed is they have really nice movie ads in that paper. On Friday, they had this really great two-page full-color spread for Return of the King, so we saved it and I got it laminated. It has 20 characters on it (19 actors - they have a picture of Hobbit Smeagol and of Gollum). It turned out really nice. :smile:
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
Yay, this thread has been saved from the abysmal darkness of the old posts!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Last night I went to our dollar theater and got five cool LOTR mini-busts from the little figurine machine they have. They were a dollar each. The only trouble is that you can't choose what you get, so I wound up with two duplicates. But there are 12 altogether. Pretty nifty! My brother got a bronze Frodo before, and I got a color Frodo, color Aragorn, and bronze Pippin. I'd like to get them all!
Erin

Gloworm

Reaction score
I'm so proud of myself! I went to see LOTR and actually managed to make myself cry. You see, despite being into acting and all that I can't make myself cry! sometimes I can make myself feel a bit sad when I concentrate really hard but I usually just end up laughing! Anyway, because I love Sam so much, and he was so sad when Frodo was going it made me sad too and through holding my eyes open and thinking about lots of sad things I actually did it! WOOHOO! I cried!
Thankyou LOTR!
Glo

Beebers

Reaction score
I have an alarming tendency to start laughing at funerals. Albeit quietly. Laughing nevertheless. People always assume I'm crying.

It turns out this is a common syndrome but for awhile when young I thought I was zee only one who did this.

I cry pretty easily at the movies, LOTR being one of them for sure. The search scene in the freezing waters at the end of Titanic had me in pieces too.

The LOTR books still make me cry, as well, though I've read them many a time.

:cry:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I very rarely cry during movies, but LOTR did it for me, much to my relief. Though I'm not sure the book ever did, even though it's my all-time favorite. I've probably gotten misty but I don't think I actually cried, which always bothered me... Reading "Where the Red Ferns Grows" did me in though...
Erin