Looking to sell TMS:Season 1 w/fuzzy cover -- anyone interested? :)

bloomcounty

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a TMS: Season 1 dvd set with the *fuzzy cover/sleeve* that I'm looking to sell (I already have the non-fuzzy one, which I decided to keep). It is opened (meaning no shrink-wrap), but the discs have never been played (nor removed from the tray). The only reason it's opened is because it got opened before we realized we also were given the non-fuzzy one too! :smile:

If anyone's interested, please post and let me know... thanks! (I guess the fuzzy cover/sleeve is a little more rare? So maybe someone out there is looking for that and couldn't find it...)

Thanks!

-- bloomcounty :big_grin:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
How about a trade? I've got the first two Fraggle Rock DVDs ("Where it All Began" and "Dance Your Cares Away"), and each of them was only played once. They belonged to an ex-girlfriend, and she probably has the first season boxed set by now (I haven't seen her in about a year).

bloomcounty

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
How much are you looking to get for it??
I'm open to any reasonable offer! :smile:

I could return the unopened non-fuzzy one to B&N for $27.98, but I'd rather keep that one. (Of course, we'd have to figure out how shipping would work too...)

So let me know what you're thinking is fair -- I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks! (And at least this way, you're not playing a crap game on whether or not you'd get the fuzzy one from some on-line retailer...)

Looking forward to hearing back,

bloomcounty :big_grin:

ps. Hi, Tim -- I'd consider a trade for the first season box set of Fraggle Rock (or a bunch of unreleased muppet rarities burned onto dvd maybe)... Thanks for the offer though!

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
bloomcounty said:
I'm open to any reasonable offer! :smile:

I could return the unopened non-fuzzy one to B&N for $27.98, but I'd rather keep that one. (Of course, we'd have to figure out how shipping would work too...)

So let me know what you're thinking is fair -- I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks! (And at least this way, you're not playing a crap game on whether or not you'd get the fuzzy one from some on-line retailer...)

Looking forward to hearing back,

bloomcounty :big_grin:

ps. Hi, Tim -- I'd consider a trade for the first season box set of Fraggle Rock (or a bunch of unreleased muppet rarities burned onto dvd maybe)... Thanks for the offer though!
How about this?
- Ernie plays "Touch Your Face" and Bert comes in at the end. Ernie has to touch Bert's eyebrows b/c he doesn't have any, and says "Nobody's perfect." Bert responds "Well, I am." Ernie asks "Hm?" and Bert says "Well, nearly. My eyebrows are perfect. I have one eyebrow, actually. You want some?" Ernie meekly replies "No" and Bert says "I'm gonna clip it right in the middle here. Yeah. I'm a..." At this point, Frank Oz laughs and Bert says something like "That's the en---ha ha ha" and Ernie gently falls down after Bert leaves. Obviously, this is an outtake b/c there's no way this was broadcast in its entirety.
- Grover sings "Over, Under, and Through." This looks like it was taken directly from an episode or home video release.
- C Cat Cartoon. A dog comes bouncing in and a cat yells "You're not a cat!" and the cat kicks the dog.
- 2 Birds. Basically a short film of ducks in the water, with lovely musical accompaniment.
- Bob, Susan, and Luis sing "Sing" with some children. Luis sings the song in Spanish while playing the acoustic guitar, and the effect is hauntingly beautiful.
- Kermit counts monkeys who then attack him. Another outtake, as Kermit's grunts ("Get off!") continue after the screen goes black.
- Grover and John John count to 20. At the end, Grover hugs John John but John John pushes him off with one hand, saying "Grover..." Probably not broadcast in its entirety, either.
- Live-action footage of people running to the song "Run, Run, Everybody Run."
- Kermit has Grover demonstrate up and down by climbing a rather high flight of stairs. Kermit, of course, is already at the top when Grover gets there (he took the elevator), causing Grover to faint and fall down the flight of stairs.
- Kermit asks Joey to sing the alphabet, and she keeps interjecting "Cookie Monster" and laughing. Another brief outtake; after she kisses Kermit on the head, Kermit says "Awww..." and as the camera fades out, we hear Joey say "Cookie Monster" and laugh one last time and Kermit makes a confused swallowing sound.
- "My Cat Likes..." Various children talk about their cats as we watch footage of cats.
- Ernie performs "Rubber Duckie" (the same performance we've seen on all the home video releases) and there is a little extra footage at the beginning and the end.
- A cartoon with two men; one wears an octopus on his head, and the other wears a BIG octopus on his head.
- The Sesame Street Little Theater's presentation of "The Four Seasons."
- 7 Pinball Cartoon.
- An outtake of the beginning of "Fuzzy and Blue" where Frank Oz says "Sorry, Sorry... I'm, I'm just meandering around..." and "Ready here." Grover peeks from behind the curtain and says "Hey, looks like a good crowd, guys. Okay, ready. Here we go." I don't think Grover's dialogue has ever been broadcast.
- Herry asks John John if he knows the difference between loud and soft. He does. Extra footage at the end; Herry asks John John if he wants to do anything special, and John John answers "Yeah!" but unfortunately the tape ends here.
- Kermit counts four eggs, which then hatch to reveal four "chickens" which are really considered to be chicks by normal standards.
- Kermit sings "A Song from Kermit."
- Footage of wheat, the ocean, and other moments in nature narrated by a child.
- Bert and Ernie play the rhyming game, most likely taken directly from a broadcast episode or a home video release.
- Big Bird enters the scene to sing "Somebody Come and Play." Mr. Hooper, Susan, and David (along with some kids) call out to him, even though they weren't there a minute before.
- More moments in nature. A child and his mother narrate footage of elephants, baby elephants, giraffes, gazelles, hyenas, zebras, rhinos, hippos, monkeys, and a lion.
- Ernie sculpts Bert's head out of clay, but takes Bert's nose to complete his work of art. Bert's eyebrows fall as he does (downward, off-camera), making this a very brief outtake.
- Hoots the Owl sings "People in Your Neighborhood" with the night watchman, the baker, the actress, the firefighter, and the policeman.
- Herry introduces the alphabet song as interpreted by Mozart.
- A very old-looking Cookie Monster waits at the bus stop, but the bus passes him by, and he eats the part of the sign that says STOP. He also falls gently off-camera, most likely an outtake.
- James Taylor sings "Jellyman Kelly", a performance we've all seen a thousand times.
- Kermit sings "Bein' Green" out in the woods, another segment we've all seen before.
- Live-action footage of mountain goats, frogs, lions, fish, and other miracles of nature demonstrating camouflage.
- Bob sings as we look at an apple tree very close-up.
- Grover and John John count 10 forwards and backwards. There is some extra talking (outtake footage) at the end.

The entire DVD runs 57:44.

bloomcounty

Reaction score
While that dvd sounds cool, I'd rather sell the set if possible. If it doesn't work out, I'll let you know!

-- bloomcounty :big_grin:

bloomcounty

Reaction score
Amicus said:
Hey would you settle for $20??
That is, I'd go $25 -- but that would *include* media mail shipping. Any insurance (or faster shipping) would need to be paid by you. Let me know either way please -- thanks.

-- bloomcounty