Looking for new CCC members!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Well, when someone goes on vacation and has to read 210 pages of thread to keep up, it can be pretty daunting. Plus some of us have school, depending on how old we are. It's kind of like trying to catch a bus when you don't know what time it's coming or how long the ride is. Maybe if we had a general plot outline beforehand (which could be changed but help us if we got stuck) and messages summarizing what happened sent to our inboxes, it would help.
I feel like this needs a loose plotline instead of a bunch of specific rules. Then we would at least know what general direction we're heading. We recruit members, plan a flexible storyline, let people know what they've missed.
I'm sad it died. I really enjoyed it before it got out of hand. If you need help restructuring it, you can PM me.
Nobody likes to feel left out because they can't keep track of it. It seems to me that was what happened.
Best of luck if you decide to restructure it, and again, feel free to PM me if you need help. Its a good idea! Don't give up!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As I already stated in the reply to DSnowth, there is NO central plot. Members make up "mini plots" that last maybe a day or two. We have also stated many, many times that no one expects you to read over 100 pages and that if you just ask, someone will give you a recap on what happened. It's not my fault if you choose not to. Generally, half of those pages really don't amount to anything important anyway.

I also really don't see how we have "strict" rules. Take a look at some more formal role plays on the internet. We are really laid back compared to most of them. Seriously, I don't understand why asking people to not post as if they are in the Crazy thread is too much...

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Well, our conflict with the scientists was our general plot until we killed them. Right now, it's actually nothing but you can see it as a break to relax from the battle. And we're still trying to make people see monsters aren't all that bad.
Besides, the first post states someone will post updates in this thread here. So, new members won't feel lost.

Edit: ziffled

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Also, the wiki is there for a reason. I update it practically every day with new information to help keep people on track :/

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
You asked for help. I'm not saying you need a highly detailed plot. It's just without a general story (i.e. There are people doing horrific experiments on metahumans and we are trying to rescue them) it'll fall apart. Most RPGs do have people doing a bit of planning about characters and possible plots beforehand.
I don't mean to be mean, but if you don't have any guidelines, how do you expect this to work? I'm only asking this because I want to help.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
By general plotline, I mean a loose Idea of how we get there. Not, "the cobblestones in front of the apartment are beige" type detail. I'm not for killing the spontaneity. Just members coming to a consensus through pm about the general direction before we start.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Uh...we DO have a general story. We are monsters living in a city where monsters are hated and feared and have to try to live life as normal when we have to live in hiding. We happened to have JUST ended a long-going plot idea that we were being hunted and studied by scientists...

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I need to go. Sorry I couldn't help. Just think of it like how people do It on a TV show. All the writers have a "pitch book" or writers bible. that they use to make episodes. Sort of like an encyclopedia that tells us more about the world of the show. Seems the best idea to me to develop the premise a bit more.
Do any other members know what I'm talking about that can help them, or am I making no sense?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Listen...we would love to have you back, but I think it would help if you actually read some of the information we have given you...and maybe read the wiki a bit...

I feel like you are not reading our posts, or just skimming through them and missing information. I said in the very first post that all story details are found on the wiki.

We are not asking to "restart" this either, so I don't know where you got that, we just want new members. And like I said, when you pm me to join, we will discuss details and go over any questions you have. It's a lot easier to give a general outline and then talk to members with their specific concerns. We DO have a conversation going by pm to discuss the rp, and we will make additional ones so that all members are kept up to date on possible plot ideas and stuff...

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
OK. I'm not mad. I'm just telling you my opinion. I'll join again. :smile: You just made it sound like it had died.:confused:
friends?