Looking for a lost skit

99centman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows which episode a character (named something like the 99 or 49 cent man) was in. It's obviously a spoof of the million dollar man. I remember seeing Bunson and Beaker working on him. He had a bowling ball for a head and a broom stick for a neck. If anyone can tell me, it would be greatly appreciated.

billyk

Reaction score
I know they had "The Sixteen dollar and 30 cent man" on Electric Company.

Can't recall one from the Muppet Show though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If my memory serves correctly, you are thinking of a Sesame Street skit verses a Muppet Show one. I definitely remember this one (and liking it), some of the details are fuzzy as I probably haven't seen it in more than 20 years. All I can recall is that everything went wrong with the invention. At first I thought it might have been with Kermit as a Newsman, but I couldn't remember for sure.

I'm sure some others can chime in here too...

ssetta

Reaction score
There was a Kermit News flash about a $6.00 man. He was interviewing a scientist who invented him, and he made him out of a whole bunch of cheap items. Then, when he turned the man on, all the $6.00 man could do was destroy the entire laboratory.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I was thinking of. Sound familiar 99centman?

99centman

Reaction score
could be

Sounds familiar....but I do remember bunson and beaker being in the skit....did the skit go through the cost of each item to build the robot?(shoe box for the body, buttons for eyes, cork for nose etc..)

$6.00 man would fit with the 6 million dollar man parity

Link Hogthrob

Reaction score
99centman said:
Sounds familiar....but I do remember bunson and beaker being in the skit....did the skit go through the cost of each item to build the robot?(shoe box for the body, buttons for eyes, cork for nose etc..)

$6.00 man would fit with the 6 million dollar man parity
Yeah, that's the same skit that they're thinking of...Bunsen and Beaker were nowhere to be found. Maybe your memory is cross-referencing the labs and the scientists.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
ssetta said:
There was a Kermit News flash about a $6.00 man. He was interviewing a scientist who invented him, and he made him out of a whole bunch of cheap items. Then, when he turned the man on, all the $6.00 man could do was destroy the entire laboratory.
This is true. I just got back from the MT&R where I saw this sketch in episode 1141. The scientist's name is Professor Von Fission, and he sounds EXACTLY like the Trash Heap.

When the robot destroys the lab, Von Fission laughs out loud! "Vhat did you expect for six dollars?"