Lips is Back!

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
This IS awesome! How exciting! I have missed Lips so. I don't mind if he never says a word as long as he keeps blowing that trumpet like the star he is!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey don't forget Dave Goelz as Zoot originally. I don't know who is doing his voice now, but Zoot and the other 4 were the original fab five in TMS seasons 1-4 with Lips joining them in season 5.
Wow how could I have forgoten Zoot! i feel so silly now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lips just made one recent appearance so far. That doesn't mean he'll be used in the background a lot soon, but I hope it does. Hopefully he'll be used whenever the rest of the whole Electric Mayhem is used, or whenever a trumpet player is needed.

And I hope Roger Langridge finds a way to incorporate him into the comic soon. He claims that Lips' absense is due to not knowing what to do with him as opposed to not considering him a member of the band, but I've seen all sorts of opportunities for him to have been used.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Well lets see the old Muppeters where:

Jim Henson/Dr.Theeth

Frank Oz/ Animal

Jerry Nelson/ Floyd

Richard Hunt/ Janice

Steve Whitmere/ Lips
and just for fun
Kevin Clash/Clifford

The New Muppeters are:

Bill Bereta/ Dr. Theeth

Eric Jackabson/ Animal

Matt Volgel/ Floyd

David Rudmen (sorry for the missepell) / Janice

So since Steve is not prefroming any of the other band memberes , and is getting more and more confertable doing Kermit Lips could be making a return.

love the list dude, thanks.. :big_grin::flirt::sing:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well thanks I nromally don't do lists like that, but felt the need to, and then even forgot i think Dave Gozle so ya.

Drtooth

Reaction score
lol I love watching you other fans get excited about smaller things... Lips most likely will never talk, just be in the back doin the trumpet thing, if anything...
As opposed to what he's been doing before?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Perhaps we should start the "Give Lips a line" campaign.:big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite go that far. His silence has been a defining element of his character - in his entire history he's only spoken (or sung) twice. Like Zoot, he seems to be the type that expresses himself better with music than dialogue. Lobbying for Lips to have lines would be like demanding Sully starts speaking.

A campaign to have Lips become a more permanent part of the EM i could see but let's allow Lips his silence until he has something important to say!

(BTW for those that missed it in the Rockefeller thread i've been actively tracking a copy of EM's appearance with Lips from last month down and i should have it soon - fans will be finally be seeing it shortly!)

Nick22

Reaction score
i like lips. i like him a lot. and i also like that he's silent. that's part of his character.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what Lips sounds like. I researched him a lot when while working on his action figure, but has he ever said anything other than mumble something? I feel like such a bad fan. :embarrassed: