1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Late Night Buffet Taping Summary: Not Enough Juice!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by renegade, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Thanks for the link, Stultz! The "Puppet Up Improv" was fun.
  2. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Did the entire show take place on-stage, or are there any "backstage" sequences?
  3. WOCKA2416 New Member

They had some pre-recorded stuff that was funny, but no actual backstage stuff. ;)
  4. Erine81981 Active Member

Did anyone take any pictures? I would love to see the band or other things that happend at the taping. I saw the utube thing and that it was pretty funny. I can't wait to see it all together.
  5. ReneeLouvier Active Member

I also can't wait to see it!
  6. tomahawk Member

You're not going to see any photos from us. You'll have to wait for the press photos that were taken. We were forbidden from taking any photos.
  7. toughrabbit New Member

I want the show to succeed, but I'm not sure it's going to. The show seems to be lacking something, though I can't put my finger on exactly what. I'm interested to see how it looks on the TV, what bits stay and what gets cut. The live taping was great fun, despite the horror that was Caitlin Olson.
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

That's hillarious, because NOONE outside of the Henson/Disney legal department considers a "Muppet" seperation between Sesame/Fraggle/Bear/Muppets and JHC. I mean Jim Henson Improv uses known Muppet characters, I don't see the big deal.

Now to be fair, while I consider Animal Jam and Bear muppets, these may fall in line with say, Dinosaur/Creature Shop/Fantasy World type...the use of no hand puppets to me indicates it isnt Muppets. I've never seen a Muppety type production with no hand rod puppets at all.

These puppets appear to be of the big bird type rather than the Gorg type, wherein the right hand controls the face, and the left hand is free.

But these pilots...will they ever be seen? I mean what happened to
    the Muppet American Idol pilot spoof?
  9. Luke Active Member

I actually think Late Night Buffet seems more promising than Puppet Up - the design of the characters is very different and looks unusual for these kinda things, it could catch on. Puppet Up seems ok, but it's just who'se line is it anyway with Puppets ... i think people would get bored after a while. That goes for both shows really, they are both well known formats, is puppetry enough of a difference to make people watch? Maybe! I think Brian and Bill pairing up again is great, if anyone can make it work it's them!
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Folks were discussing a while back how Disney is looking for the 'new puppeteers' and turned their backs on the original guys...what about what the JHC has done not only with the Muppets, but Steve, Dave, Bill...they're not quite in use there anymore either.
  11. WOCKA2416 New Member

Bill is always working with the JHC and Dave and Steve will be a part of the Fraggle Rock Movie and hopefully the Dark Crystal sequel.
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Thanks for setting me straight on that. I hadn't heard any direct information yet that they were involved (well, other than Bill on this Late Night Buffet thing).
  13. Kuriboh Man Active Member

But what about Julliane Buescher? I heard she was involved in Late night Buffet also. anyone care to explain that to me?
  14. WOCKA2416 New Member

She performed the band leader who was sort of the sidekick on the show.
  15. TheJimHensonHour New Member

So is anything gonna happen with this show or what?
  16. Kuriboh Man Active Member

"She performed the band leader who was sort of the sidekick on the show."

Oh that's Right, She went by the name of Louisa Capelli, The picture of her is kinda creepy. kinda like a huge Angelina Jolie. Pretty Wacky!